Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Where Is Green Lantern?3564

Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
Every Green Lantern #1 I see looks different to this cover... is this early one super rare?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
That's the Golden Age Green Lantern #1 with Alan Scott from 1941 (VOL 1). This is the Silver Age Green Lantern #1 with Hal Jordan from 1960 (VOL 2). Is that the different cover you are talking about?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes... and the 1960 one seems to be available.. however the other one isn't.. even on eBay. I love the covers that really look great... not that the 1960 one doesn't, but the 1941 one definitely has something special.
Post 3 IP   flag post
As does Superman #2
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriffhards
Yes... and the 1960 one seems to be available.. however the other one isn't.. even on eBay. I love the covers that really look great... not that the 1960 one doesn't, but the 1941 one definitely has something special.

If you have the money and can find a 1941 Green Lantern #1, go for it lol CGC 3.0 sold for $4500 in March 2017. I'm arguably the biggest Green Lantern fan on the forum but Alan Scott isn't my cup of tea...and my wallet couldn't handle it. Give me Hal Jordan/Sinestro Silver Age alllllll day!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
He's on the planet of the apes covers.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
I'm arguably the biggest Green Lantern fan on the forum but Alan Scott isn't my cup of tea.

I'd argue that, but you would probably win ๐Ÿ˜. My passions are split between Supes and GL.

However, the first book I ever bought for collecting was a GL #1. Read it a thousand times, I'll be surprised if it comes back higher than a 1.0. It's the only book that survived my 90s sell-off, and to me its worth more than a near mint copy. CBCS currently has it! That spine was intact when I bought it with my first few paychecks workin for my dad on summer vacation at the age of 11

Got this one more recently than the first, here ya go @keefriffhards. Grded out a poor but whatevs, I bought it relatively cheap

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
"first few paychecks" WTH
What'd you get,2ยข a week? ๐Ÿ˜

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
I'm arguably the biggest Green Lantern fan on the forum but Alan Scott isn't my cup of tea.

I'd argue that, but you would probably win ๐Ÿ˜. My passions are split between Supes and GL.

However, the first book I ever bought for collecting was a GL #1. Read it a thousand times, I'll be surprised if it comes back higher than a 1.0. It's the only book that survived my 90s sell-off, and to me its worth more than a near mint copy. CBCS currently has it! That spine was intact when I bought it with my first few paychecks workin for my dad on summer vacation at the age of 11

Got this one more recently than the first, here ya go @keefriffhards. Grded out a poor but whatevs, I bought it relatively cheap

Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Green Lantern # 1 was supposed to be black and white:

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@FUEGOMUSIC almost. That was around '92-93, I made ten bucks a day lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
Shrewbeer... you got one! Love the comment about 2cents a week...
Post 11 IP   flag post
There is another auction coming up online I think it is Comic Connect.. at least it might tell me where prices on the books I want are headed...
Post 12 IP   flag post
600891 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?