Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Seller claims VF+3510

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim what if you got sniped by your own wife?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

She wasn't supposed to know about this one...but we all know that wives know EVERYTHING.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been killed lately on eBay. Seems I barely ever win. My sympathies!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This would be hysterical. It crossed my mind.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
If you were happy with your final bid and it didn't get it for you just means this was not the copy for you. One will show up and you will get your copy if you keep going for it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
If you were happy with your final bid and it didn't get it for you just means this was not the copy for you. One will show up and you will get your copy if you keep going for it.

Yeah. Raw, I couldn't go any higher. Slabbed, I would have paid $400.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay is BS anymore, there are people like us that know what the prices are. Than there are people that don't know what they are doing and jack up the prices beyond what they should be.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
The way I snipe is that I'll determine what my high offer should be, then I'll add $1.03 up to $5 to the actual bid...I then have no remorse if I'm outbid or out-sniped. The only time I have remorse is when I forget about the auction or wait too long to but the bid in, and then see the final winning bid is lower than i would have bid! Hate that.
Post 33 IP   flag post
question: I wonder what final prices would be like if eBay did away with "sniping" and added 1 minute on to every last bid. Would people be less interested and not try to outbid each other so much (the thrill of the "snipe" win having been taken away) possibly dropping the final prices? Or would the opportunity of having the last bid encourage even more bidding wars and higher final prices? Or would thing remain the same.

Personally, I like the ability to snipe as I just want to bid what I think it's worth without giving others the opportunity to place a "panic bid" and artificially drive up prices, like @vabchgent is referring to (I think). But eBay is probably loosing out on some final value fees. At least give the seller an option to just end the listing or keep it going when they set it up. Surprised they don't offer that.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gd4901
I have been killed lately on eBay. Seems I barely ever win. My sympathies!

Post 35 IP   flag post
@MrMeeSeeks Matt from Trinity is going to mortgage your life if you keep bidding like that.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
The only time I have remorse is when I forget about the auction or wait too long to but the bid in, and then see the final winning bid is lower than i would have bid! Hate that.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I almost didn't get the bid in in time. I was multitasking. I'd be pissed if I didn't even get a shot at it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@MrMeeSeeks Matt from Trinity is going to mortgage your life if you keep bidding like that.

Sell your kids to black market, it's free - I’m Mr. MeeSeeks look at me!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I almost didn't get the bid in in time. I was multitasking. I'd be pissed if I didn't even get a shot at it.

One time I was wasting time in here typing messages as I waited for an auction to run down...only when I returned the time remaining was 5 seconds....I totally miscalculated time remaining and couldn't get my bid in in time...
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

One time I was wasting time in here typing messages as I waited for an auction to run down...only when I returned the time remaining was 5 seconds....I totally miscalculated time remaining and couldn't get my bid in in time...

That's very Jerry of you.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Well, a CGC 9.4 just went up for sale. I shot the guy an offer. I anticipate a counter offer.

Got shot down. Still negotiating. Fingers crossed.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
LMAO that's classic

Quote:
Quote:

This would be hysterical. It crossed my mind.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well, a CGC 9.4 just went up for sale. I shot the guy an offer. I anticipate a counter offer.

Got shot down. Still negotiating. Fingers crossed.

Not looking good. The guy anticipates up to an $800 price for it. Despite the fact a 9.4 sold on 12/18/16 for $501.
Post 44 IP   flag post
598060 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?