Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Sad news: Stan Lee's Wife Joan died.3481

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So sad to hear. She was 93.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/06/stan-lee-wifes-dead-joan-lee/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=170706_190901_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
That is sad. Married for 70 years!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Damn that's sad.

And wow, they married in 1947 so married for 70 years! If only we'd all be so lucky (if that's what you're looking for in life, of course)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
That's heartbreaking, 70 years...I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
My first thought was how devestated he must be.

I hope he takes time for himself & takes a break from the convention circuit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
How long till he goes you think? People that age tend to pass pretty quickly after their spouse does. Many times the sadness and feeling of lonely mess lead to poor eating and sickness which leads to death. Hope The Man can keep it going for a while longer
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
How long till he goes you think? People that age tend to pass pretty quickly after their spouse does. Many times the sadness and feeling of lonely mess lead to poor eating and sickness which leads to death. Hope The Man can keep it going for a while longer

I thought of that, too. Passing of a broken heart is real.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
When Stan dies will he be buried, creamated, or slabbed?!😂😂
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if he will cancel going to SDCC now...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Also, will he sign the casket? Too Soon? Sorry

But to be serious. 93 is a good long life and to have that life with Stan the Man is even cooler.

When someone that old passes away, nobody should be sad. They had a full long life. Just be happy for all the memories.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
This has not been a great year😔😟. I know because it happened to me twice this year to my family. Sorry to here that Stan Wife Joan passed away and even more sad that he might have Love bird Syndrome. Hope he and his family have all the memories and joys that she left them and she is in a better place.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
It's always sad when someone passes, so condolences to the Man. But as others have said, 93 is a nice long life and something to be proud of.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
My wife dying before me is one of my greatest fears. I tell her all the time that she's not allowed to go first.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Mrs. Lee. Prayers to your husband and family in their time of grief.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
My wife dying before me is one of my greatest fears. I tell her all the time that she's not allowed to go first.

I'm half Japanese and I jokingly tell my wife that I will live longer than her due to my ethnic advantage. Deep down though, this absolutely terrifies me.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sad to hear, best wishes to Stan and his family.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I hope that he and his family finds peace. It looks like he was married for almost 60 years. That's fantastic!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Rest In Peace Joan Lee.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad indeed. My fears are all the same as yours. I was thinking he might pass now too after her. Let us hope he does not die of a broken heart. Prayers be with him.

I'm pretty sure he's going to need time to mend and won't be attending SDCC.
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
She apparently had a long and prosperous life. Sad news.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Very sad indeed. My fears are all the same as yours. I was thinking he might pass now too after her. Let us hope he does not die of a broken heart. Prayers be with him.

I'm pretty sure he's going to need time to mend and won't be attending SDCC.

I have the same thoughts also.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear this but she was able to live a long life with the love of her life. If your keeping score of a life, hers would go down as a win.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Been thinking about this non-stop since I heard the news. I hurt for him. I can't imagine. It must feel like a part of himself has died.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
Oh no... I was in a restaurant in Los Angeles and it was empty except for STAN LEE at the other table with some Japanese businessmen... RIP... hope he can cope with the loss.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
At fanexpo Stan shared the story of how he and Joan met. After he got out of the service he was set up on a blind date with a model. When he arrived at the agency office for his date Joan was working at the front desk. He never actually met the woman he was set up with. And the rest is, well, 70 years of history.

She will be missed, behind every great man is a great woman.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham In his graphic novel /biography, he tells that story in detail. It's a great read. I highly recommend it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
This is truly heartbreaking to hear. My sympathies, thoughts & prayers for his family in their time of loss.

Post 28 IP   flag post
598060 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?