Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Collectorz.com Comic Collector3453

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
is there a way to use Collectorz.coms Comic Database Software and have all your info only on your computer and not cloud or some other online service
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just don't press the cloud sync button and your collection won't be synced online
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Just don't press the cloud sync button and your collection won't be synced online
so after say downloading the app on your computer would you technically still be able to use it if you lose internet connection or would you have to wait till you are reconnected to add more books
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
You can access the Desktop app anytime. You don't need a connection. If you want to update your desktop app to what's on your phone, you need to sync them to the cloud. I find it very easy to put the books in on my phone via scanning and then uploading to the cloud and syncing the desktop app.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
so after say downloading the app on your computer would you technically still be able to use it if you lose internet connection or would you have to wait till you are reconnected to add more books

You can still use it offline though you wouldn't be able to add books using their online database if you lack an internet connection. You could still add books while offline if you input all the information yourself.
Post 5 IP   flag post
just wanna say thanks to those who already posted and to any future comments that may be posted i am definitely going to buy this product seems like an easy way to keep tabs on what you have p.s does anyone know what happens if you happen to have say duplicates of a book does it or can it list that you do have more than one or more as well
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 Each listing has a "Qty" field if you want to use that. I prefer to add multiple copies so I can put book-specific information/images for each one. You basically just have to add it to your collection multiple times. If you're adding books from their database it will tell you that you already have the book in your collection and ask if you still want to add it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
i am really loving the CBCS forum there is a bunch of really cool people on here
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here's a thread I started with some helpful tips with the program
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but any of you also use it for other collectibles?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ONLINE_209 I'm stealing that thumb!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@ONLINE_209 I'm stealing that thumb!
in Napoleon Dynamites voice "sweet" lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
600697 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?