Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureSigning Opportunities

Ryan Brown Art3422

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have an opporotunity to buy Ryan Brown's "sketch" of a Xenomorph. This guy's work is STELLAR. I've watched his career take off to epic proportions in the past 2 years. This is NOT the same Ryan Brown who created Scratch and other action figures from the Ninja Turtles, or the Ninja Turtle Cartoon. This is the Ryan Brown who works for 2000 AD and IDW. He is now an ongoing cover artist for Heavy Metal Magazine.

What do you think of his "sketch"? I'm in the running for first hands at purchasing it from him. Trying to get him to paint a background wash on it too.

This is his latest cover for the 40th anniversary of Heavy Metal Magazine. he debuted it this morning actually:

A lot of his influence comes from Simon Bisley and Glenn Fabry, as if you couldn't tell.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some other examples of his fine work:

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd stab someone for that Batman.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I got a shotty photo of the finished piece - he's sending it out to me next week. I talked with him on facebook for an hour and he even sent me a top secret ninja turtle variant cover he's got coming in a month or so for issue 72 or 73 not sure but I can't show it I promised I wouldn't. He mentioned he's send me some signed prints and a ninja turtle book as well. Facebook rocks!

Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

i want that warriors one
Post 8 IP   flag post
He will be at the 2000 AD booth at sdcc selling prints
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
His art is awesome.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It's the second coming of the Bisley and the Fabry imo
Post 11 IP   flag post

Final photo of sketch. A lot of people were upset this morning when he posted this to facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Brown via Facebook

This one sold before I could post it unfortunately but it's of to a nice home , I hope his new owner knows an alien isn't just for Christmas it needs love and care and attention , I'm just glad I'm not cleaning out his litter tray . Once again bad photo looks very blocky , using an iPhone not sure why the photos r terrible but well :/ .
I'll try and do another sketch before Santa Monica if I can . Going sketch-crazy he he he heeeeee

Post 12 IP   flag post
600902 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?