Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

New Source of CBCS Information...3420

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake_Fleming I'd like CBCS to seriously revisit their policies regarding Indicia and labeling. There are books Like Amazing Spider-Man #129 Wizard Ace Edition, and the Batman #1 VIP Studio Tour Batman Exhibit edition, which a few of us here feel need to be labeled based upon the expectations of the collector community and not the erroneous and confusing information that publishers sometimes place in the Indicia. The way these books, and others like them, are currently getting labeled makes them confusing and harder to find to potential buyers, because what they would search for in looking for these titles is not what appears on the label, and the labels do not reflect what's obvious when looking at the covers. Thanks for your time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Jake just got here. Ease him in slowly Darth. Lol 😂🤣
Post 27 IP   flag post
Trial by fire man! Lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
When are all the orders from heroes con in the system Jake?

And when do moderns from April 10th go into grading?
Post 29 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego

Well then... that was a good first question to get on here!

Your request to reconsider it is one that makes sense to me... But I am not a grader and don't have expertise to really throw my opinion in the mix, so I picked the graders brains for a solid answer.

What I received from them is that we go by the indicia in all cases. One solid reason is in the case of reprints. To quote one of them "I believe it would actually be inaccurate to put "Batman #1" on what is actually a give away from the warner brothers tour."

Hope that clears some of it up.
Post 30 IP   flag post

FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremy_K

It should have already been in there by now. Was your order being pressed?

PM the invoice and I'll look into it for you.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
@DarthLego

Your request to reconsider it is one that makes sense to me... But I am not a grader and don't have expertise to really throw my opinion in the mix, so I picked the graders brains for a solid answer.

What I received from them is that we go by the indicia in all cases. One solid reason is in the case of reprints. To quote one of them "I believe it would actually be inaccurate to put "Batman #1" on what is actually a give away from the warner brothers tour."

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake_Fleming welcome! Would your role in the Customer Service department involve web design for CBCS? We have one or two small suggestions about updating this forum...when you are ready of course.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jake! Thank you for taking the time to address this issue and I hope what I'll be writing isn't taken as argumentative or disrespectful. I, like others on this board, want CBCS to succeed and be the best it can possibly be and I don't think that's possible without bringing up what we see as issues of consistency.

Quote:
@DarthLego

I understand the reasoning behind that theory but I think it's contrary to what CBCS has been practicing. For example:

Why is it inaccurate to call the Batman Exhibit book "Batman #1" because it was a give away from the Warner Bros tour but this book, which was given away at movie theaters for the Punisher movie is still just a variant of "Amazing Spider-Man #129"?

Or these books that were pack-ins with two different lines of action figures?

Now, I fully admit that I don't have the indica available for these books to see what they say but I think it speaks contrary to the reasoning that it is innacurate to say that the Batman Exhibit book is not Batman #1 because it was a giveaway.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
@DarthLego

Did Jake make the list yet?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
so the 129 shouldn't have that label?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 37 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks @stevericketts!

I'm here everyone!

And just so everyone is clear... I don't wear khakis

If any of you guys have questions I'm more than happy to help.

How do we know you aren't a Steve Ricketts shill? What are you wearing?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K In this case I only mean to point out that the rationale Jake provided ("I [anonymous grader] believe it would actually be inaccurate to put "Batman #1" on what is actually a give away from the warner brothers tour." ) isn't satisfactory support for the "always stick to the indica" argument since CBCS seems to go with the obvious title for certain reprints.

There are however other examples where CBCS is not following the indica and my argument is for consistency. If they're gonna make a judgement call and not use the indica naming, as they seem to do on some books, then the Batman #1 VIP book is one where the label should read differently from the indica. If they insist on not changing it because they insist on sticking to the indica then they should stick to the indica for all books in every case.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
so the 129 shouldn't have that label?

I think it should say reprint, but I'm thoroughly confused as to what the argument is at this point lol

@DrWatson lol! Now thats a great theory
Post 40 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I think I got it now, so on the label sometimes they take away from the indicia, but they wont add to it?
Post 41 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Something like that. For example, the recent Batman Adventures #12 reprints have indicas that read something like "Special Convention Edition: Batman Adventures #12" but the label for those just identify it as a variant of Batman Adventures #12.

Wizard Ace Editions, on the other hand have an indica that reads "Wizard Ace Edition: [Comic Name and issue Number]" but CBCS labels them as "Wizard Ace Edition"

Neither of those instances use the name as printed on the indica, so CBCS can't say they ALWAYS use indica naming exactly, and the application of the indica name is different between those two cases.

I want CBCS to be consistent. Either they really do use indica naming exactly for everything, or they don't. If they don't then they should be using the title that makes sense for the book (which I'll admit is USUALLY the indica naming).
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'm glad @dielinfinite is here to help explain these issues. It's a quite complex problem to explain, but the solution should be very simple, somebody somewhere just seems unwillingly to actually tackle the problem.

At least that is what it looks like from my point of view.

I applaud Jake, we have gotten more of an answer on this in one day than I ever got out of Steve. (Still love you Steve, don't burn my pancakes!)
Post 43 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite thx. Makes sense now. In one aspect in particular it's kind of like the "sigs" label.

Why are they cheaping out on print?
Post 44 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer lol fortunately I think Steve said that's being changed in the near future.

I kind of want one of my books to come back saying "witnessed cigs" just for the novelty
Post 45 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I applaud Jake, we have gotten more of an answer on this in one day than I ever got out of Steve. (Still love you Steve, don't burn my pancakes!)

It's the same answer I've given about 10 times now.
You obviously don't listen to me.
Post 46 IP   flag post
His answer came with a reasoning, which @dielinfinite immediately poked holes through, which brings us right back to it being an unsolved problem. And I get the impression that CBCS doesn't care just how much this issue means to us. AND...@dielinfinite's Wizard Ace Edition ASM 129 has not been addressed at all, and that label completely goes against what the indicia says, based upon past practice of CBCS with other indicia as @dielinfinite demonstrated. There is a lack of consistency here.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

It's the same answer I've given about 10 times now.
You obviously don't listen to me.

Hahahaha "Selective Hearing" I like your style @SteveRicketts
Post 48 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
His answer came with a reasoning, which @dielinfinite immediately poked holes through, which brings us right back to it being an unsolved problem. And I get the impression that CBCS doesn't care just how much this issue means to us. AND...@dielinfinite's Wizard Ace Edition ASM 129 has not been addressed at all, and that label completely goes against what the indicia says, based upon past practice of CBCS with other indicia as @dielinfinite demonstrated. There is a lack of consistency here.

We're not even married.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

We're not even married.

You waiting for make up sex?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Not Cool.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite explained the lack of consistency perfectly. You guys are not even following what you say is your policy on every book. If it was consistent across every single book, the argument would end. It's you who have selective hearing and are completely ingoring the evidence.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:

Actually, it's the same reasoning Steve has given in the past. It's kind of a cut and paste answer. Followed by the same hole poking that dielinfinite gave Steve's original answer. However, I do think CBCS cares and it's probably on their to do list. As far as it being a priority, this more than likely isn't at the top. #Soon.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Actually, it's the same reasoning Steve has given in the past. It's kind of a cut and paste answer. Followed by the same hole poking that dielinfinite gave Steve's original answer. However, I do think CBCS cares and it's probably on their to do list. As far as it being a priority, this more than likely isn't at the top. #Soon.

Steve's answer was it always the indicia. But @dielinfinite has proven that is false, they don't always follow the indicia. So it's either they do, or they don't, and if they don't, then there's no logical reason to stick with the indicia when it has the most erroneous information.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Ink is in short supply. That's really all there is to it. We need more toner. Or a more efficient printer.

Post 55 IP   flag post
600856 102 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?