Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Overstreet Guide Arrived3402

Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
My over street Guide arrived and it is a page by page read... tons of fun. Turns out the PGX 1.0 Golden Age I had WAS graded properly... Overstreet says a book can be missing it's back cover, or a portion of the front cover, just not both. It can also have a coupon clipped and missing centerfold... ..1.0. When it was resubmitted to CBCS it was graded a 0.5. Probably due to the missing back cover. I know each grading and slabbing service has it's own rules, however PGX did not mention "missing back cover" on their notes (but they did mention coupon clipped, missing centerfold)... so technically I guess it could've been mentioned to PGX that they made a mistake... though I am sure most collectors would not want a mistake like that necessarily corrected.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
PGX=💩
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Guess I am getting old, but I can't follow your post.

Who graded it correctly, according to what you understand from the Overstreet guide?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Haha... PGX graded it correctly according to Overstreet, however forgot to put "missing back cover" on label. I tend to agree with PGX and Overstreet, and find CBCS very strict... if you give a book 0.3 or 0.1 Overstreet says you basically get no feedback on the grade it WOULD be assigned if it had been complete... so, I like PGX grading but they make mistakes, but I still would prefer owning books graded more harshly with CBCS...
Post 4 IP   flag post
So still sounding ambivalent... haha.. and thank you Overstreet for informing me what 'Rat Chew Marks' are... I would've just thought they were tears...
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
PGX does what they want on the higher end though, which is why there are so many 9.9 and 10 PGX slabs out there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriffhards
I like PGX grading but they make mistakes, but I still would prefer owning books graded more harshly with CBCS...

PGX doesn't make mistakes. They defraud.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600838 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?