Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Valiant Fans Edition Solar 103348

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this book listed on eBay, but I've never seen it before. Couldn't even find it listed on CGC's census.

Is it exactly like the black embossed edition of Solar 10 as far as the contents of the book, or is it something entirely different?

What's the story behind it?

Valiant Fans Edition of Solar 10
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
The Valiant Fans forum produced a variety of exclusives from which the proceeds generally went to various charities. I have several of the early ones. They generally picked an issue and had x number signed by as many of the creators as possible. It looks like they got more elaborate after I bailed as this one comes with a possible new printing of the pencils to #10 with interviews and a new cover. It was originally sold with a regular black cover #10 signed by several contributors.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@MedicAR That's pretty cool,I guess. I wonder how they worked out the copyright issues? I know the money went to charity but still...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
That's actually a good question. During my time there they only got stuff signed. It was also at a time that Valiant was non-existent. Most of the creators were happy to oblige and as I recall at least one of the buyers of the copyrights was a member. They didn't get the rights to the Gold Key characters, though, so I have no idea how this would have worked.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I was happy to see Valiant get a re-launch. I really wish they could've locked down Solar, Magnus, and Turok. 😑

I did notice that they recently created a Turok knockoff character. I didn't know that anyone else was involved besides Dinesh.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I seriously doubt they made any attempt to get copyright approval.
Post 6 IP   flag post
600701 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?