Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Selling on the CBCS forum?330

Collector jmh722 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I can't seem to find an answer to this: Is selling kosher or prohibited on the forum?
Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Currently yes it is prohibited
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Schoultzdan private msg quote post Address this user
It's in terms of use. No selling is how I interpret it
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
It has been awhile since I read the terms of service for this site. But my recollection is that it prohibited excessive selling. It did not prohibit any selling.

Correct me if I am wrong Mr. moderator.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
"Commerce Restrictions
Users are prohibited from engaging in substantial commercial transactions on a public thread located on the CBCS message boards. Solicitations for signatures and/or signing events are exempt from this restriction and are permitted."
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Yea. I used the term "excessive". But it actually says "substantial". It also states "commercial". The definitions of those two words do not work with prohibiting "any" sales. IMO.

I think the terms of service clause you posted, needs to be better defined. If they do not want "any" sales.

Just my opinion. But I realize I am often too exact and picky in my interpretations. Too literal.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
I think the rules leave the door open slightly for interpretation. Substantial to most people in comics is in the four to five figure range. Also as long as the thread is not titled as a "For Sale" thread I think the possibility for selling is not totally forbidden.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Muuko private msg quote post Address this user
Personally if I was CBCS I wouldn't want to be involved with any issues of buyers/sellers for open trading on the forum in case things happen.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
"Commerce Restrictions
Users are prohibited from engaging in substantial commercial transactions on a public thread located on the CBCS message boards. Solicitations for signatures and/or signing events are exempt from this restriction and are permitted."

I don't interpret it as a total prohibition. One-off, isolated sales on a CBCS thread would, in my view be permissible because they are not "substantial". If CBCS wanted to bar all sales, it would have deleted "substantial."

Certainly PM transactions, which are not "on a public thread," are permissible.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuko
Personally if I was CBCS I wouldn't want to be involved with any issues of buyers/sellers for open trading on the forum in case things happen.

The forum across the street has a successful sales forum, through which I have bought and sold. The "hall of shame" list keeps the risk of dealing with riff raff pretty low - much lower than what I have experienced on eBay.

I have a couple of CBCS books on eBay now that I would much rather sell to other collectors here on the forum. Cutting out fees is the other strong benefit of avoiding eBay and the comic auction sites - for a fair deal for both buyer and seller.

A sub-forum for advertising eBay listings would be, at least, a good intermediate solution, if CBCS would kindly consider.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuko

The forum across the street has a successful sales forum, through which I have bought and sold. The "hall of shame" list keeps the risk of dealing with riff raff pretty low - much lower than what I have experienced on eBay.

I have a couple of CBCS books on eBay now that I would much rather sell to other collectors here on the forum. Cutting out fees is the other strong benefit of avoiding eBay and the comic auction sites - for a fair deal for both buyer and seller.

A sub-forum for advertising eBay listings would be, at least, a good intermediate solution, if CBCS would kindly consider.

+1
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
We definitely need clarification from CBCS. Using the word, "substantial" is vague and leads to the speculation we are seeing in this thread. If it's forbidden, then just say that in plain language.
Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I say...sell, sell, sell.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector jmh722 private msg quote post Address this user
The folks across the street have a buying and selling part of the forum that is completely user-governed, and I've bought and sold there without any hassle. That's why I was looking for some clarity here too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
597944 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?