Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionSignatures

To reslab or not to reslab3250

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
On the up side, Walking Dead books would probably look killer in red CBCS labels.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
On the up side, Walking Dead books would probably look killer in red CBCS labels.
i never thought of it that way sounds pretty cool looks like i will be sending them in shortly thanks for the idea
Post 27 IP   flag post
thanks to all those who have posted i really appreciate it
Post 28 IP   flag post
I think the style factor of the new red label with certain books gets overlooked a lot.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
Quote:
You also need to look at is the book worth the cost of VSP, it's $25 fee plus grading fees.
hmmm catch 22 if they turn out to be authentic then worth but if fake the books would be downgraded as the autos would now be considered graffitti more or less
The catch 22 might be they are a grade lower. If your not gonna sell em just keep em as is. If you ever want to sell em then send them into CBCS.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Well technically they won't be a grade lower, they will be the grade they always were if a skilled grader had graded them to begin with.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Mine have ALWAYS come back with the same grade. I think the only company that would really make you take a hit would be PGX. BUT..... you could always have it pressed to se if that would help?? I have 4 yellow label books I know for a fact should be higher grades I've been thinking about having pressed & regraded/ slabbed.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington well it was PGX slabs he was talking about.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington @DarthLego the reason i think the grade could go down is if the autographs are fake i am pretty sure that will devalue the book another words nobody wants their books to be signed by a bunch of unknowns as that would not make much sense
Post 34 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 if you submit for VSP and they fail, they will return them unslabbed. If these were witnessed at a convention and the labels say that I would bet on them being legit. I would not have confidence in PGX authentication, but I don't think they are in the business of falsifying their witnessing at conventions.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@ONLINE_209 if you submit for VSP and they fail, they will return them unslabbed. If these were witnessed at a convention and the labels say that I would bet on them being legit. I would not have confidence in PGX authentication, but I don't think they are in the business of falsifying their witnessing at conventions.
thank you for your last message it makes sense i feel better about them being legit but i am seriously thinking about getting them redone by CBCS
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I think you are pretty safe if they were witnessed signatures, it's not like PGX is a criminal company intentionally trying to sell counterfeits. I agree with @DarthLego and you should send them in for VSP to get that sweet sweet red label and peace of mind.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure they're fine. Send them in for pice of mind and a cool red label. You'll get you return on investment. Consider a press if the pgx grade assigned is important to maintain.

Edit: sorry for the repeat of Thanatos's post! I guess we're thinking the same thing!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I'm sure they're fine. Send them in for pice of mind and a cool red label. You'll get you return on investment. Consider a press if the pgx grade assigned is important to maintain.

Edit: sorry for the repeat of Thanatos's post! I guess we're thinking the same thing!
thanks for the reply
Post 39 IP   flag post

#inspiration
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:

#inspiration
man you are so lucky i want one so bad
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sirtoddington @DarthLego the reason i think the grade could go down is if the autographs are fake i am pretty sure that will devalue the book another words nobody wants their books to be signed by a bunch of unknowns as that would not make much sense

Has there been a lot of verifying that sigs on PGX books were faked?? I ask because if this has been an issue for the companies then there must have been more then a few instances were CGC/CBCS has found the sigs to be not legit? well...... CBCS anyways as CGC doesn't have sig verification.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

#inspiration

Now THAT is nice. No stan scribble yet signed by both!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Quote:

Has there been a lot of verifying that sigs on PGX books were faked?? I ask because if this has been an issue for the companies then there must have been more then a few instances were CGC/CBCS has found the sigs to be not legit? well...... CBCS anyways as CGC doesn't have sig verification.
i am not saying they are fakes or that PGX have put out fake sigs the trouble is after buying said books i have heard nothing but negativity towards PGX
Post 44 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 Gothcha!
Post 45 IP   flag post
That's not my book, I'm not that lucky. Lol
Post 46 IP   flag post
Honestly, I have not heard anything thing negative about PGX in recent years other than their grading is too loose, their restoration detection is spotty, they have zero company employee/experts transparency, their prices are too high in many areas, and their label is ugly as sin. Well, at least they fixed the label recently, so they have that going for them.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Honestly, I have not heard anything thing negative about PGX in recent years other than their grading is too loose, their restoration detection is spotty, they have zero company employee/experts transparency, their prices are too high in many areas, and their label is ugly as sin. Well, at least they fixed the label recently, so they have that going for them.

I thought they had the lowest prices around? Did they increase? I don't use them, and probably never will, so I'm only asking out of curiosity.
Post 48 IP   flag post
598060 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?