Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASP

Witness approval to submission time question3238

Collector dalkeil private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a cap on the time frame a book can be submitted from the signing date? For example, if there is a Multiple event signing of a book, and the guest cancels at the last show leaving only the original signature on the book.

You want to get Book X signed by Joe Smith now and John Hancock at the show in 2 months. John cancels and you now have a 2 month old Joe signature, looking like you are lazy or forgetful on submissions lol.

Is there a chance these could be refused because too much time has passed? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
There is a limit, I don't recall how long it is.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Facilitators like Trinity Comics will often take books to multiple shows for multiple signing, so it is not uncommon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Facilitators like Trinity Comics will often take books to multiple shows for multiple signing, so it is not uncommon.

Yes, but when you do the multi-event form, you have to get pre-approval from Mark Roman or Steve P.

Trinity most likely has something setup with cbcs since they work closely together.

I don't know the exact limitations. Maybe @SteveRicketts can chime in.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Your best bet is to ask on the Official CBCS Signature Program page on Facebook. In fact, the very first post, after the pinned post, deals with this question. That page is moderated by Mark Roman, one of the heads of the Signature Programs. You can tag him there and he will answer you. Most of the other people who comment on that page are AW's themselves. It's also a good place to find witnesses.

Official CBCS Signature Programs
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dalkeil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Your best bet is to ask on the Official CBCS Signature Program page on Facebook. In fact, the very first post, after the pinned post, deals with this question. That page is moderated by Mark Roman, one of the heads of the Signature Programs. You can tag him there and he will answer you. Most of the other people who comment on that page are AW's themselves. It's also a good place to find witnesses.

I'm in both that group and the CBCS Authorized Witness/Verified Signature group, but have not found the subject addressed. I tried searching before posting here, but perhaps my search terms are not good enough to yield a result. I kind of assumed someone here would also know the answer and reply since this is a pretty busy message board.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkeil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I'm in both that group and the CBCS Authorized Witness/Verified Signature group, but have not found the subject addressed. I tried searching before posting here, but perhaps my search terms are not good enough to yield a result. I kind of assumed someone here would also know the answer and reply since this is a pretty busy message board.

I had hoped that an AW would respond here as well, so I held off for a few hours before responding. Your best bet is going to be getting a hold of Mark Roman. He monitors Facebook fairly regular, especially if you tag him or send him a pm. He can be reached by email also. However, he doesn't frequent the forum. I know there is a time limit to get signed books in, I am not sure if it is one month or two. Anything beyond that time has to be approved by Mark.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597882 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?