CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS Events

2nd Annual CBCS Dinner/Meet-up @ SDCC3168

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
That time of year is almost here! Everyone on the CBCS boards who's in town for SDCC is invited to a dinner/hang-out/meet-up with your fellow boardmates. The guys manning the CBCS booth usually join us as well (though they don't officially have a booth yet, I'd imagine CBCS will have some presence at the show) and it's always a great time with your fellow comic lovers. Lots of beers, friends, and comic-talk!

The time and date is July 21st at 9pm, a couple of hours after the exhibit hall closes. THE LOCATION IS NOT FINALIZED, but I will try to keep it within downtown, though maybe a ways from the convention center to give everyone a reprieve from the noise and crowds. I'm currently looking at The Local on 4th Avenue but I'll post more info once I hear back about a place holder reservation.

If you'd like to RSVP, please send me a PM.



SDCC 2016 @ The Lazy Dog






WonderCon 2017 @ ESPN Zone

Post 1 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
I'm down - how many of us are San Diego locals?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Any chance any of you guys are coming to Denver Comic Con?

I would love to have a beer with some forum members!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I'm game for a Baltimore comic on meet up in September!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm moving at the end of this year so I can probably make the 2018 meetup
Post 5 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Mef @antoniofett All it takes is someone willing to take on making the reservations and throwing the invitation out there.

Unfortunately, I stick pretty close to the SoCal shows so I won't be going to Denver but maybe you guys can help organize meet-ups for the shows you're going to.

@Stu Does that mean I'm adding you to the guest list?

@JLS_Comics I'm gonna try to keep doing these as long as I can, so see you next year! Maybe you'll come to the WonderCon meet-up
Post 6 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite excellent! I try to hit all the shows in my area so I plan to do the same out there
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I'll have to make a thread of my own then! All credit to you!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Mef @antoniofett All it takes is someone willing to take on making the reservations and throwing the invitation out there.

Unfortunately, I stick pretty close to the SoCal shows so I won't be going to Denver but maybe you guys can help organize meet-ups for the shows you're going to.

@Stu Does that mean I'm adding you to the guest list?

@JLS_Comics I'm gonna try to keep doing these as long as I can, so see you next year! Maybe you'll come to the WonderCon meet-up

Put me down - party of one please
Post 9 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Put me down - party of one please

Done and done!

Also, because I apparently can't read a calendar, the planned date is actually July 22nd, the Saturday of Comic-Con, at 9pm.

I have the reservation in place so The Local it is!

As I said before, it's on the other side of downtown so hopefully a little away from the crowds but close enough to take an Uber or Lyft, or even walk from your hotel.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Good to go - I live right across the bridge.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
@Mef Hoping to move the family from Florida out to Colorado Springs in the next year or two. I'm going to need a Con buddy!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick reminder that we're about a week and a half away.

For anyone else that's going to SDCC, we're planning a dinner/Meet-Up at The Local at 9pm on July 22nd.

RSVP with me if you haven't already, if you would like to attend!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Hoping to move the family from Florida out to Colorado Springs in the next year or two. I'm going to need a Con buddy!


Are you going to SuperCon this month in Fort Lauderdale?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

I am going to try and come by for a drink, no need for a reservation for me. I would like to come by and see everyone though.

I am in Artist Alley #GG-03 Come by and introduce yourself.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I think I already RSVP'd originally - I still hope to come, most likely just me, but a potential for a buddy along with me as a 2nd.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@vacaboca Gotcha!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Preview night is tonight! I can't wait to see what pick-ups you guys bring to show off at the dinner on Saturday!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have wives going?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If they are, no one's told me lol
Post 20 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is down to go if the invite is out there.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
of course it is
Post 22 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Someone have a beer for me tonight!
Post 23 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics Will do!

Post 24 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Get hammered!
Post 25 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Pics or it didn't happen!
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I'm not going to make it tonight... have a beer for me, I'm sorry for flaking :/
Post 27 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Not going to make it - I have the watch! I've been out the past two days and my wife wants a break from the kids and dogs. Those of us from San Diego - up for linking up in a week or two?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't look like it's happening this year. I've called it off
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I was hoping there would be a SDCC photo thread, but this is all I could find. Too bad your get together didn't work as you hoped.

I guess I'll use this thread to share photos from my night in "Comic Book Heaven"

At the 2017 Will Eisner Awards Dinner:

Pic 1) Ron Wilson to my left, then Keith Pollard
Pic 2) Keith Pollard
Pic 3 & 4) Joe Staton & Jim Starlin
Pic 5) Jim Starlin & Mike Royer
Pic 6, 7, & 8) Jim Starlin is inducted into the HOF
















Post 30 • IP   flag post
657131 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?