Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

modern comic3156

Collector mattbanks private msg quote post Address this user
what modern comics are best for grading?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Did you mean for resale value or your personal collection? I always go with personal favorites - ASM, Batman, X-Men, etc.. Whatever character(s) you like or series you like to read, those would be the ones I'd go for, imo.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
Did you mean for resale value or your personal collection? I always go with personal favorites - ASM, Batman, X-Men, etc.. Whatever character(s) you like or series you like to read, those would be the ones I'd go for, imo.

ty pal. saving up to submit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If it's for your personal collection there are no rules, slab whatever you want.

If you plan to sell something you need to make sure what you can get after slabbing is enough to cover the value of the book plus fees. Otherwise you might just be throwing money away.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@mattbanks
Well, I hope I was a bit helpful. It can be overwhelming to decide what book or books to submit, you know? I'm just passing along what was suggested to me, and @DarthLego has a great point as well on the selling pov. 👍🏼
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
High grade key issues. When I'm trying to decide between two or more comics I typically check out eBay sales to see which ones I could more easily liquidate for the best price should the need arise. Also, try to be honest with yourself about the condition/assumed grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
If it's for your personal collection there are no rules, slab whatever you want.

If you plan to sell something you need to make sure what you can get after slabbing is enough to cover the value of the book plus fees. Otherwise you might just be throwing money away.

i plan to sell some slabbed modern comics once i slabbed them to build a custom pc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

ok so i plan on keeping my older comics like mighty samson 4 and doctor solar 5 once i slab them. i have few modern star wars worth 120-720 if high enough grade. i'm star wars collector.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
@mattbanks
Well, I hope I was a bit helpful. It can be overwhelming to decide what book or books to submit, you know? I'm just passing along what was suggested to me, and @DarthLego has a great point as well on the selling pov. 👍🏼

ty zombiebigfoot for info.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
High grade key issues. When I'm trying to decide between two or more comics I typically check out eBay sales to see which ones I could more easily liquidate for the best price should the need arise. Also, try to be honest with yourself about the condition/assumed grade.

i have couple key issues. i'll slab
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

yes, resale
Post 11 IP   flag post
600777 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?