Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

Batman 59 CGC 8.0 on ebay3137

Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Hey - so I'm looking at a total knee replacement in my extreme near future, so I'm liquidating a couple of books - this is easily the best bet for continuing appreciation, there really aren't many high grade copies out there for the 1st appearance of Deadshot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-BATMAN-59-8-0-Off-White-Pages-1st-DEADSHOT-/122548023597?hash=item1c886e712d:g:ifQAAOSwKytZNJi1

I'm starting a thread from my iPad for the first time - do I don't know if the link will work properly. If you know someone that's looking for this book - let 'em know, Okay?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Wow - wish I could afford this one... good luck with your knee!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I've it a few lcs that I'll pass this along to. Hope all goes well for ya! 👍🏼
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that's a beauty. I'll be bidding on it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@LeeK If i could afford it right now I would love to have that! Beautiful book! GLWTS!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
A knee replacement? Gahhhh that sounds painful. Good luck with your sale and your...uhhh...knee.
Post 6 IP   flag post
thanks guys! I really didn't want to sell, but life intrudes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
And we are in the final 5 hours of auction time - right now it's running just over 1/2 of what I have pegged as its top value. Still a hell of a good deal and $1500 less than the CGC 7.5 that sold at auction last month.

It's enough $$ now that my knee replacement surgery is mostly covered - but I sure would like some cushion before it closes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Interested to see where this auction ends. It's crazy to think it's been 6 years since the last 8.0 sold according to GPA. Crossing my fingers it breaks the $5k mark.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Interested to see where this auction ends. It's crazy to think it's been 6 years since the last 8.0 sold according to GPA. Crossing my fingers it breaks the $5k mark.

Not that crazy when you realize there's only 3 8.0s in the census. I always felt I got a good deal when I purchased, and I paid just about book for it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I bet it will bust the 5k ceiling
Post 11 IP   flag post
About 10 min left, I'm antsy for you @LeeK

Best of luck!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Wasn't the $5k we were hoping for but I hope it covers the knee surgery and a little extra!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
It did good enough. And - someone, got a pretty good deal. Which I am okay with.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597868 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?