Does this look like shill bidding on ebay?3101

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
It's not a private listing. You can see the bidders. They leave out letters for security and privacy obviously but you can tell by the time/date stamps, the behavior of the bidders, the amount of feedback the bidder has, etc.

Would the bidding history below be suspicious to you? Looks like this is a private listing. Like I said, I worry about shill bids more when it's a private listing than if it's one that I can see bidders with (0) feedback.

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding. opens in new window or tab
Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,373.00 16 Jun 2017 at 6:04:02PM PDT
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,348.00 16 Jun 2017 at 6:04:07PM PDT
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,348.00 16 Jun 2017 at 6:04:07PM PDT
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,100.00 16 Jun 2017 at 6:04:01PM PDT
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,050.00 16 Jun 2017 at 3:31:03PM PDT
private listing - bidders' identities protected $1,004.00 16 Jun 2017 at 6:01:19PM PDT

well...those dollar amounts at least don't seem like fake bids but who knows that's definitely a private listing.

This auction in particular with the Roiland variant tho... he wants it to be public for obvious price inflation reasons.

I'm not sure what that means. What difference would knowing that it was different bidders make? I though hiding bidders would mask any type of shill bids since you won't know who the bidders are.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No not for the purposes of viewing bidders (which I bet he doesn't want) he wants the listing to be public and on record for those who do search "completed" or "sold" listings to gauge a market value or "wallet price" if you will
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That makes sense, he's trying to pump and dump, an old stock market trick.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
My better question is where did he get 2 of them ? I just went to have a look. Sold one and this is the second at the same grade. Same book ? and if you are going to spend $1700 on a book this would not be my first choice. What is the book realistically worth in mint?
Post 79 IP   flag post
@vabchgent he didn't have two, it's still the same book, cause he sold it to himself.
Post 80 IP   flag post

@DarthLego That's what I thought. Thanks
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@vabchgent he didn't have two, it's still the same book, cause he sold it to himself.

How do you know he sold it to himself?
Post 82 IP   flag post
Because he failed to deliver it to the winner, obviously.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the email I received about this book.

It was relisted, so that means it's either the same book that "someone" agreed to pay a final bidding price on and didn't or it's a different book being listed as the same one originally offered.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless, it's sketchy and expensive. Hard pass.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Here's the email I received about this book.

It was relisted, so that means it's either the same book that "someone" agreed to pay a final bidding price on and didn't or it's a different book being listed as the same one originally offered.

I agree with the above possibilities. It does appear the seller had quite a few of copies of this title available for sale.
Post 86 IP   flag post
He shipped my books with no tracking number...
Post 87 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
LOOK AT THE CGC SERIAL # IMO
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
He shipped my books with no tracking number...

Same here. And considering how cheap the shipping was I'm a little bit worried.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego @KiloGraham This was his response regarding the tracking #.

Post 90 IP   flag post
Keeping fingers crossed this guy holds up to his 100% feedback.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Same. My instincts say the book won't be 100% flawless, as he advertised. If there are condition issues, I hope he's reasonable.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Same. My instincts say the book won't be 100% flawless, as he advertised. If there are condition issues, I hope he's reasonable.

This is one the extremely rare times where I'm expecting books to come in at 9.6+. Realistically, there's no reason they shouldn't. They were bagged boarded and sealed by 4CG and I'm pretty sure 4CG had very good protection during shipping. Unless they were stored in substandard conditions they should all look like @kaptainmyke's copy.
Post 93 IP   flag post
The bag and board 4CG uses is cheap and I immediately ripped off the sticker and put my comic in a mylite2 with fullback

but then I cut a huge hole out the center of the fullback and cut windows in the front and back for sigs and mailed it off this morning to Matt @TrinityComics I am hoping they will sketch and sign on the back too, which is why there's a gaping hole in the rear. yes, throw that in the OOCMQT

Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Shilling on ga-zillions of newer so-called "hot" comics is much more prevalent than just this one Rick and Morty guy. I think he stands out is simply due to sheer ineptitude.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Indeed. It's absolute madness.
Post 96 IP   flag post

Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Look, I reallllly wanted this Justin Roiland variant of Rick and Morty #1. It's a $200 book that goes for $600-800 on ebay usually. It doesn't show up much. I found it strange this book was exceeding $1700 now...with 5 hrs to go.... But then this happened:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=132215884762&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2765

found this on the net
Post 98 IP   flag post
Hand raised here, What is Rick and Morty and why does it cost more than a first appearance of the punisher. Looks like a TV show as well, where can I check it out. Someone educate me. Thanks
Post 99 IP   flag post
Bro. Youtube it. Watch it free on Hulu. You have to. Then you'll understand everything. It will become all so clear imo.
Post 100 IP   flag post

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector BrotherKenneth private msg quote post Address this user
Just putting my 2 cents in on this. I had 2 copys of this variant graded by CBCS. One a 9.4 and the other a 9.6. Sold them both on mycomicshop.com. 9.4 for $350, the 9.6 for $525. The 9.6 sold in less than a day. I sold the other one in the weekly auction.
Post 102 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I checked it out, now I understand. That was funny.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@vabchgent how do you pronounce that screen name?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
Hand raised here, What is Rick and Morty and why does it cost more than a first appearance of the punisher. Looks like a TV show as well, where can I check it out. Someone educate me. Thanks

Think Ren and Stimpy of the 1990's. That book exploded in price because everyone loved the show. Not to the extent of the Rick and Morty book. that being said, it will fall in price once something new and shinny comes along.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598060 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?