Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Does this look like shill bidding on ebay?3101

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
there is actually
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
report link > then

under these drop downs: listing practices > fraudulent listing activities > seller is using other accounts to inflate item price > submit report
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
No offense meant to any one as I understand there be fans of all sorts of TV show and such, but I fail to see this amateurishly drawn Rick and Morty funny book to be worth much more than cover price. I scoped some other Rick and Morty listings on eBay and found this $5K "gem" which to me is even more ridiculous than the 1700 (obviously)shilled up one currently under discussion. If this is the "new school" of comics dealing, then maybe it is indeed time for this old dinosaur to hang it all up and walk away from all this insane BS as I currently see it unfolding.

I mean, I have a 6 year old grand son draws better than this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rick-and-Morty-1-BLANK-VARIANT-cgc-signature/222538823268?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D34e6f6b5723a4d03b7470f40c699df43%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D132215884762

Post 28 IP   flag post
Hahahaha 😂🤣😅😂
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It'd really be worth some dough if Stan signed it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBcomics Yes. That is ridiculous.
Post 31 IP   flag post
it's just a sketch of Rick, it's not meant to be a Picasso lol

Not only that, nobody is going to pay 5k for that. Maybe 1k.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBcomics we have a thread for these books, it's called The Zero Key Got Stuck.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
When ever I make query in this regard it is meant to comprehend understand what makes other people's wagons run in the direction they do. I mean, I look on OPG #46 and see twenty bucks NM for #1. How does that translate in to four figures then decimal points?
Post 34 IP   flag post
@BLBcomics it doesn't translate, that's why we'd call it a Zero Key Got Stuck, because the seller is bonkers.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Current price guides these days do not seem to follow ebay sales on super hot books like Rick and Morty or retailer incentive covers by J Scott Campbell. For instance, Amazing Spider-man #688 you're not going to find for under $700 for a 9.6 or higher. Ridiculous!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of suspicious bidding, this just happened to me:

I have an Astonishing X-Men omnibus on e-Bay that's long out-of-print. It's in pretty good shape but has shelf wear. If it was still in shrink wrap, it would be close to a $400 book.

Anyway, I put it up for $200, or best offer.

My store is currently on vacation, since I'm out of town, with all Buy it Now items hidden. Making this especially odd. Pretty much only the four people following that auction before I hid it should be able to see it.

I get an offer of $50 from a guy with a rating of (3) with 100% feedback. All 3 items he got feedback from were purchased on the same day, but from different sellers six months ago.

I counter with $150. He counters back with $60.

With my next reply, again at $150, I include a note pointing out that the cheapest this book has sold for in the last two month was $110.

He rejects my offer.

The next night, I receive an offer for $150 from a buyer with (3478).

The guy with 3k+ feedback has two accounts, right?

1. He has access to the ad somehow.

2. He offered exactly what I was willing to take.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Experiment time, I'll see if I can find your book publicly.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@00slim unless you are in Hong Kong I'm not seeing your listing.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Nope. Stockton, California.

Strange, right?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim just ask the buyer how he found your listing, since all your BIN should be hidden.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim, it's interesting, but if you'll take $150 then problem solved -- sell, sell, sell!
Post 42 IP   flag post
@00slim I'd counter with $175. 😈
Post 43 IP   flag post
You never come in at your top, if he wanted $150, he should have started at $125. It probably is the same guy, and these multi account shenanigans should not be tolerated.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Speaking of suspicious bidding, this just happened to me:

I have an Astonishing X-Men omnibus on e-Bay that's long out-of-print. It's in pretty good shape but has shelf wear. If it was still in shrink wrap, it would be close to a $400 book.

Anyway, I put it up for $200, or best offer.

My store is currently on vacation, since I'm out of town, with all Buy it Now items hidden. Making this especially odd. Pretty much only the four people following that auction before I hid it should be able to see it.

I get an offer of $50 from a guy with a rating of (3) with 100% feedback. All 3 items he got feedback from were purchased on the same day, but from different sellers six months ago.

I counter with $150. He counters back with $60.

With my next reply, again at $150, I include a note pointing out that the cheapest this book has sold for in the last two month was $110.

He rejects my offer.

The next night, I receive an offer for $150 from a buyer with (3478).

The guy with 3k+ feedback has two accounts, right?

1. He has access to the ad somehow.

2. He offered exactly what I was willing to take.

Spoooookyyyyy
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Darth, this would be classic. It's tempting, just to see how he responds. If it is the same guy, he'd be so pissed.

But, a bird in the hand . . .
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Darth, this would be classic. It's tempting, just to see how he responds. If it is the same guy, he'd be so pissed.

Exactly, if it's the same guy he'll be pissed, but that's what he gets for pulling shenanigans. If it's not the same guy it looks like normal negotiations.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly, if it's the same guy he'll be pissed, but that's what he gets for pulling shenanigans. If it's not the same guy it looks like normal negotiations.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Guys look, he relisted it again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132231757969?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lord....what, $1700 wasn't good enough? Oh right, you bought it yourself. Moron.

Again, a (0) zero feedback person shot it up from my bid of $650 before realizing it was the same seller and same book from last week.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Man these sleaze balls.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I want that book so bad...but won't pay over $500 for it. So I'll most likely never obtain one.
Post 51 IP   flag post
We need more people on ebay to do THIS:

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
That's the same seller I bought the three 4CG variants from last night, and today he has 3 more listed for sale. Highly suspicious indeed.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Man that book had best get here!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Ohnoes
Post 55 IP   flag post
598057 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?