Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

The Rick and Morty Thread Peace Among Worlds3080

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Let me see. Show a light refraction if you can.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
@Mef you've had the BAM variant I've coveted this entire time and didn't want to tell us? I'm hurt.
Post 352 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It does feel like he's just lurking the thread, amirite?
Post 353 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Im in Crapghanistan haha I miss a lot I'll go back and find the post.

@Mef I'm sorry I missed your unboxing.
Post 354 IP   flag post
For issue one, I have first print, fourth print, fcbd print, 4CG edition. I wonder if I should start seeking out the other variants.
Post 355 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos there's a raw BAM for $89 if no one has bought it yet, I've been patiently watching that one. And by patience I mean drooling out the side of my mouth impatiently. Lol
Post 356 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
For issue one, I have first print, fourth print, fcbd print, 4CG edition. I wonder if I should start seeking out the other variants.

That is an expensive rabbit hole but could be fun. The Roiland variant is the only real problem child.
Post 357 IP   flag post
this is a good deal: clickable text

I offered up $1001 on this one but the guy wouldn't budge: clickable text
Post 358 IP   flag post
@DarthLego thats what I would have used that $15 coupon on. Missed it
Post 359 IP   flag post
How many Roiland variants do you think are in the wild?
Post 360 IP   flag post

Post 361 IP   flag post

Post 362 IP   flag post
These are super hard to photo.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
How many Roiland variants do you think are in the wild?

According to Comichron, there were 17610 #1s sold in Apr 2015. Not sure how many that is in relation to total distribution but at 1:50, there are at least 350 but probably not much more.
Post 364 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm mad I saw those variants pretty recently and just didn't think they would amount to this, boo
Post 365 IP   flag post
Probably less, that would be the highest probability should every retail store take advantage and order one, which is unlikely.
Post 366 IP   flag post
I've been asked this A LOT.

I have a theory only since there are no known official print runs of most comics books anywhere with the exception of more recent inhouse studio publishers like Aspen or J Scott Campbell.

With that disclaimer said, we're talking about a 1:50 comic book. The first question to ask truly is: How many of the largest comic book stores are there in America?

A comic book that most local comic book stores did not order. At all. Few did. I only hear of them anecdotally anyhow from fellow fans. So, if nobody hardly ordered them, yet you had to be bold enough and Rick Sanchez enough to order 50 copies for your store, you received one of these. Let's pretend for a second it was on the top of the stack from Diamond Comics, too for maximum minty freshness, too. That all blackass back cover is a true pain the ass to deal with. Now if all these planets were in line just right, during the second equinox of an otherwise impossible feat to accomplish, you had a copy to sell in your store. Honestly, I don't even know how these exist in the wild. So if there are 2500 comic shops in America (Diamond has allegedly 2875 accounts in 2017, up 3% from 2010) and only 100 of those 2500 are big time shops like Mile High Comics in Colorado, MyComicShop in Texas, Forbidden Planet, Midtown and Jetpack Comics covering the NE, etc., those shops most likely are where these variants come from. So take the numbers of the biggest grossing comic stores in the USA and there's your answer. The largest states with the largest number of people per capita per square mile with enough strip centers and demographical regions. North Dakota, Alaska and Montana and Wyoming sadly don't count because come on, they're North Dakota, Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming, lol. "flyover states"

So a 1:50 cover from one of the top comic stores in the country with enough overhead to swing over 50-100 copies of each issue on a subscription basis with Diamand can be a very vague question to answer without enough data. 18 out of 50 states cover this criteria. so let's do that:

1:50 cover
18 out of 50 states ordered it hypothetically
6 / 18 are huge states with lots of money so let's pretend they ordered 100-200 copies: 24
Let's pretend those 24 survived Diamond Distributors' packing/shipping to the LCBS
3-5 of those 24 were shipped to grading from the comic shops
Only 4 are on census with CGC: a 9.0, 9.4, a 9.6, a 9.8

So I think there's less than 15 raw out there still. One is on ebay right now for $1500.

That's my Roiland Variant theory. Very rare.
Post 367 IP   flag post
Wow
Post 368 IP   flag post
wow to my obsession or the low numbers
Post 369 IP   flag post
The low numbers, but now that you mention it...
#both
Post 370 IP   flag post
The problem is not everybody understands or watches Rick and Morty so it's only rare and elusive to fanatical fans really
Post 371 IP   flag post

Post 372 IP   flag post
Downloaded the "LetGo" App, plugged in my home zip and started typing in key things of interest like "comics" but found nothing worth a damn. Typed "Rick & Morty" and this popped up, are my eyes deceiving me or is that a 1st print in the back? Please god still be available!

Post 373 IP   flag post
DO IT
Post 374 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
DO IT

Hopefully they are still available and I can paypal them and hope they hold them till I get back
Post 375 IP   flag post
So how does letgo work? Is it safe? Do they mail the item to you or do you meet to pick it up
Post 376 IP   flag post
I read this review about letgo: clickable text
Post 377 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke It appears to be like a local craiglist. You snap a picture of what you want to sell and people can respond and come pick it up.
Post 378 IP   flag post
I wouldn't do any local transactions on craigslist or any app without a 2nd person knowing exactly where I'm going and conceal carrying. Don't trust anyone haha this is why as good as that $10 deal is, I wouldn't have my wife go pick it up for me...well and because she doesn't understand the obsession yet. #soon
Post 379 IP   flag post
It's like Craigslist but without all the shady sleeziness.
Post 380 IP   flag post
596785 999 30