Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

I cannot belive there is no BVS thread307

Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
This movie has generated a lot of debate about whether it is good or whether it is bad. I am kinda in the middle on it, but I am wondering what others thought.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna wait for the DVD extended edition before I give an opinion
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
same here... bad outweighing the good.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Who wants to see Lex Luthor... again?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Who wants to see Lex Luthor... again?

I have to admit that Jesse Eisenberg was tough to watch.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I gave it like a 6.5-7.0 but I am looking forward to seeing the extended/directors cut because my biggest complaint by far was I thought the editing was absolutely terrible.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I admit, there was some parts that were tough to watch and maybe my expectations were too high.

Some of my issues where:

1. I felt like I was missing a movie that I should have watched before this one. The MCU has laid out all theses movies leading to the next big one but here I felt like I was missing a Batman movie that was never made.

2. Anyone can watch a MCU movie and "get it" while there was enough backstory stuff for the true fans. In BVS ,there was too many elements that would have confused the casual viewer and left them scratching their head.

3. The characters didn't feel true to their "character", Batman, Lex, maybe Superman. Batman kills, Lex seems psychotic , and Superman seemed "whiney". That said, I did like how ruthless Batman was.

Overall, to me it just felt like a big "popcorn" flix with no real substance. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it for what it was, I was just hoping, I guess, for something better.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
I went in expecting nothing and was pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't a perfect movie, but I feel like expecting it to be is unrealistic.

I can see where many people would have gotten confused with the dream sequences/alternate future scenes that had no intro and just got thrown at the audience.

Surprisingly, I really LIKED this version of Batman. I just decided "well, this is movie Batman and he doesn't play nice I guess." and was able to enjoy the movie despite the various murders of unnamed henchmen.

Overall, it was good enough for me to look forward to seeing what they do next. Raises all sorts of questions about Superman's return from the dead. Will it be somewhat like the comics? Completely out to left field? I'm curious to see what they decide to do with his resurrection.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
This movie has generated a lot of debate about whether it is good or whether it is bad. I am kinda in the middle on it, but I am wondering what others thought.

There is a DCEU thread, where you can talk about all DC movies.
Here:

DC Extended Universe (DCEU)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
Quote:

There is a DCEU thread, where you can talk about all DC movies.
Here:

DC Extended Universe (DCEU)

Thanks
Post 10 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I'm stayin' outta this discussion. I've already contributed enough Kryptonite to Zack's take on Supe on other boards.

Martha must be spinning in her grave.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
I'm stayin' outta this discussion. I've already contributed enough Kryptonite to Zack's take on Supe on other boards.

Martha must be spinning in her grave.

I think I may have read a comment or two from you some place else.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Joker Luthor Mark Zuckerburg killed that movie.
"Yeah ha ha I kidnapped your mom lol I'm leaving now!"
Superman lets him leave....
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The movie was "okay" Not great and not really even good. Just okay.

Batman is my favorite character, and in this movie, I didn't like him.

The "one percent doctrine" of Batman, bothered me, among many things in this movie. Isn't there a one percent chance that Batman himself could go bad? Isn't there a one percent chance that Wonder Woman could go bad (heck, Batman hadn't even heard of her before)? Isn't there a one percent chance that any character could go bad?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

No thread because most of us want to forget this film. History will put this film into the Superman Returns bucket: not a terrible movie, but very disappointing and a wasted opportunity.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the movie was okay and I'll probably give it another try when it hits disc. On another note, production on Wonder Woman has wrapped up.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
When the pleasant surprise that Ben Affleck isn't what ruined the movie is the BEST comment you've got ....

... yeah.

Total rip with "Doomsday" ... nice concept for him but he's his own movie/movies alone. Instead, prop piece for a nice poster shot of the Trinity and nothing more. Absolutely pathetic.

Lex Luthoooooh my God burn it with fire.

etc etc etc
Post 17 IP   flag post
600895 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?