Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I checked out the previews for the upcoming books in the series. If we expect the question to be asked at the end of # 24 it may be a few issues before we see the answer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
seems like it's heating up?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@thpike yep - just hope my ebay seller doesn't cancel my purchase when he sees what the current going rate is
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
There are ten comic stores within 40 minutes of my house, first one opens at 10AM.

I should have 10 of each cover by the end of the day.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@drchaos Oh man... that's crazy! I think there are 5 or so good ones here in Indy. I've only made it to 3 though. We do have 3 Half Priced Books that I frequent for back issues sometimes.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
So where else can I find Newsstands besides B&N?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@drchaos Oh man... that's crazy! I think there are 5 or so good ones here in Indy. I've only made it to 3 though. We do have 3 Half Priced Books that I frequent for back issues sometimes.

Northern NJ is insane.

Not only do I have all of those stores near me but a short trip into NYC gets me Midtown and 10 other stores.

I am going to Atlantic City tomorrow which puts another 8-10 stores in my path.

When I get back there is a local comic show in Clifton on Sunday.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I have to give to give DC props, if this had been Marvel there would have been 50 different covers.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I have to give to give DC props, if this had been Marvel there would have been 50 different covers.

Don't jinx it. When she answers we may see two covers for each State.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@DarthLego There is a B&N right by my work... I'm not one for DC but I might go and check and see if they have something and take a looksee...
Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
B&N is (at least in my area) about 1 week behind so issue 24 will come out next week here
Post 36 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics I'll just check and see what they got going on. Could be the same for me.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Yeah last time I went to my B&N on a Wednesday they didn't have any of that days release on the shelf.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
B&N is (at least in my area) about 1 week behind so issue 24 will come out next week here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Yeah last time I went to my B&N on a Wednesday they didn't have any of that days release on the shelf.

Barnes and Noble is the WORST about Wednesday for new comics. They think because they are a bookstore everything goes out on Tuesdays. Including last weeks comics. Ugggggh

this book is SOOOOO OVERHYPED people. Wake up. It will end up being nothing.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I just read it ... it wasn't bad. Lots of ruminations and exposition and no action
Post 40 IP   flag post
Well they didn't have it at my local b&n but I did notice how nice they keep all the comics. Might have to check back later this week
Post 41 IP   flag post
Nothing is overhyped if you pay cover price and it's for your 30 year personal collection.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Put the last two copies my lcs had in my reserve folder. Didnt have the variant but regular cover looks better imo anyhow.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
Put the last two copies my lcs had in my reserve folder. Didnt have the variant but regular cover looks better imo anyhow.

Yeah, it seems like Tim Sales is trying to be like Jock. He needs to cut that out.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Does this mean Catwoman WILL become "Crazy Cat Lady" afterall?!
Post 45 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Aren't Crazy Cat Ladies supposed to be single?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Regular cover was easier to get.

Some stores only had one or two copies of the variant cover.

So far I have 10 regular and 9 variants.

I will try to pick up one more variant on the way to the shore tomorrow morning.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Good thing you didn't overkill
Post 48 IP   flag post
Speculators, Roll Out!

Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Good thing you didn't overkill

😂
Post 50 IP   flag post
😂😂😂
Post 51 IP   flag post

So now the book will go into second printing by the end of the week as @drchaos does a paypal cruise missile barrage on ebay
Post 52 IP   flag post
If it goes to second print I hope DC does a new artwork cover and not just a recolor. This could have Batman 608 2nd print potential with the right artwork.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Because my lcs is terrible about stocking up on hot books, stopped by minutes after they opened. They had 5 copies, 2 Sale and 3 regular. I'm a Tim sale fan so I had to have that one... But both copies were a bit on the "yellow" side because of the back cover they were against...this might be a hard copy to find in a clean white 9.8 grade if this yellowing is more prevalent elsewhere. So I struggled for a moment as I was trying to make the choice between both covers as I liked them both....then realized "it's just three bucks! Why do I have to decide?!" And bought both.

You win this round, DC. At least it was just the two covers and at regular price. I don't really have an issue with that. Why not offer a few choices? Smart marketing.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601333 219 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?