CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

GOLDEN AGE BATMAN - SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT306

Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@BobALuey I love the Harold Curtis collection. I am partial to books where people write their names on the cover. It gives the book character.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector thejudge01 private msg quote post Address this user
i
I have this one too
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user



Just picked this up
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user






More Tecs
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Collector GradedKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on your definition/cut-off for Golden Age, these two might be called Atomic Age or Pre-Silver Age. The Detective is from 1954 and the Batman is from 1955.



Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector Centaurjack private msg quote post Address this user
First Sci-Fi Bats

Post 35 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@Centaurjack Hard to beat those Bat Sci-Fi covers.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurjack
First Sci-Fi Bats



Batman 41 in a 6.0 was the first GA slabbed book I ever bought.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one I recently acquired. I'll probably crack it out for the story.


Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@D84 I have always loved this cover
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@woowoo you can totally join and they don't care if your books have other third party labels.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinzebac Actually they do care, somewhat. CBCS allows pictures of CGC books, however they don't allow PGX, Vault, Halo and others.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@woowoo Let's see that whole beautiful book!
Post 43 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego where does it say that? Why would they allow certain third party books and not others?
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
They don't consider PGX, Vault, etc. as true 3rd Party Graders.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS That is fine. I just don't see it listed anywhere that you cannot.
Post 46 • IP   flag post
Collector comicsmv private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac






More Tecs


That Tec 33, Dream book right there
Post 47 • IP   flag post
Collector comicsmv private msg quote post Address this user



My 2 TEc 168
Post 48 • IP   flag post
Collector Ram_Jam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
@MR_SigS That is fine. I just don't see it listed anywhere that you cannot.


https://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.cbcscomics.com%2F&q=No+pgx&sa.x=0&sa.y=0
Post 49 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@Ram_Jam Thanks
Post 50 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsmv



My 2 TEc 168


Love me some Tec 168
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I've shown this before, but it's now free of it's CGC cage!!!


Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Having opened the book, I'm serious annoyed with CGC. From the look of it in the slab, I thought it was under-graded at a 5.0, but the book has serious water damage that had someone attempted to press out.

This book should have been a 3.0 at best. Yeah, it's very pretty, but the water damage would have made me pass on the book. And I did purchase the grader's notes before I bought the book, and it wasn't listed.

CGC has lost all credibility with me.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector johnlbelanger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 • IP   flag post
657131 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?