Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAP

ART Slab Question3059

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question.

I have a number of sketch covers that I have had done by other artists over the years and I would like to get them slabbed. Would that get a regular ART label? Or because there was no witness, will it get some other kind of "qualified" ART label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I think they get red label ART designation if they aren't witnessed or authorized through the correct CBCS form channels.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ThorneArt Since they are not witnessed by a CBCS authorized witness, the yellow, Authentic, label is out. That leaves you two options you can pay to have the SIGNATURE authenticated for a red label, which will result in a label that identifies the verified signature and the fact that there is a sketch but doesn't make any claims the two are related.

The other option is to just submit it for a blue ART label, which won't have any names and will just say something like "writing and sketch on cover." If some of your books are done by local or unknown artists (you should send CSA a message asking if they can verify signatures from the artists you have) they cannot be ferified so this will be your only option.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What @dielinfinite said. The only way to get a yellow would be to have the actual artist submit it to CBCS on your behalf with the proper paperwork. But that is usually done with brand new commissions, I don't know about years old art.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to see CBCS add the name of the character on the artwork/sketch to appear on the label.

For example....I had a Neil Gaiman sketch of "Mr. Punch" verified for the signature, but the label would look so cool to have

"Mr. Punch" listed on the label right above the "verified signature".

I think it would add quality, value and looks to the label, and even adding another level to the OA market.
- It allows others to know who the character is, who had drawn it, in addition to the verified signature.

IMO of course.

;o)
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks And begin countdown to Steve popping in to tell us that would be a logistical nightmare.

#Soon
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
LOL Darth....I know....but hey, I can dream!!

;o)
Post 7 IP   flag post
597874 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?