CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

JSC Avengers #83012

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
So what are your thoughts on this?

1) Awesome!

2) Meh.

3) Time for an old dog to learn new tricks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. I like the Thor version, but that iron man one sucks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
(3) It's all Fairchild in different cosplay.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a sucker that was born every minute (wait, that doesn't makes sense) Anyway, I have a hard time saying no to JSC stuff
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
On a plus point at least they're slightly different in more than just costume this time around.
Then you look again and realise that the poses are all just slight variants of the background black widow.

I'm on the fence with this one as to whether I like it or not but ill still be avoiding another big variant purchase
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
The Captain aamerica one looks out of proportion. Has the body of this one alchohalic gal I worked with.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. Getting tired of JSC exclusives and covers A, B and C.

I hunted down old Amazing Spider-man covers, and his only Batman cover in Newsstand format and had him sign them like he does his new stuff like the OP. Looks so much nicer and classier on a hard to chase cover of his earlier work. I do not care for the last 100 covers he's done exclusively from his Studio or the Roadshow con exclusives. It seems to be fading. I could be wrong.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd really like to see him break away from his Mary Jane Pinup obsession and break some new ground. I'll tell you who I've really been liking the variant work of recently, and that's Tyler Kirkham.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Meh. More variants...big deal.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Passing on all JSC work recently, his cover work all looks the same recently. The Elektra exclusives and the Jean Grey exclusives were almost identical. His print runs seem to be getting higher as well, 1500 for the C cover.

The staff at his store also have terrible customer service. I contacted them about damaged books I had received and was told the fulfillment manager would get in touch with me, which he never did. Emailed four more times and tried to reach out to him on Twitter and was told to "contact customer service". This was about 5 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from anyone. Pretty much given up trying, might open a paypal dispute. He's too big to care about these things anymore.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
He's too big to care about these things anymore.

Yep, because he's big enough to pay other people to not care for him.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I passed in his recent Jean Grey cover as well. A measly 10% discount with higher print numbers. I had to take a break and it seems I wasn't alone. It wasn't sold out, even after 2 weeks.

Tyler Kirkham is an awesome artist for sure. I do like his work, however, I'm scaling back on all the variant purchases. Too many store variants make these expensive books worthless after the hype has died.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Skipping this one. It would be nice if he would try something new!

At least this time he is giving print runs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
pass
Post 14 IP   flag post
I just got word that JSC will be increasing his signing fee from $20 to $30 starting at SDCC. Sorry, Mr. Campbell, your ego has gotten a little too big for my collection.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
I'm scaling back on all the variant purchases. Too many store variants make these expensive books worthless after the hype has died.

Same, the decrease in value after time is crazy on some of these variants. This week I saw three DkIII Jim Lee covers auctioned off for between $100-$110, and there were only a few bidders with starting bids of $99.99. And these are books retailers are STILL asking $400+ for.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
I think they look great. I like the vividness of the covers. Gives an upbeat feel to his artwork and themes.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
1. Weird looking. The waistline shape is strange like some sort of plastic doll.

2. Very nice. Would look even better without all that crazy jazz in the background. (P.S. don't tell the Hulk I called him crazy).

3. Blah... a dime a dozen.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up my first JSC set of variants, I am a huge fan of Jean Grey and Phoenix, I had to have them.
He almost got me on the X-men covers, but I didn't pull the trigger.
I get the updates, but usually pass, I will be passing on the MJ covers too.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598065 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?