Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Your average wait time without Fast Pass?3002

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
For me, with Fast Pass, I typically get my books back in a month. I find the extra $10 is totally worth it. Like everyone here, I'm anxious to get my books back.

However, I'm considering a larger order in the near future. Shaving $10 off an order of 10 or more books will save a decent chunk of change.

In this instance, how long can I expect in your experience (on average) to wait for my books?

Since Fast Pass is meant to cut the turnaround time in half, is two months realistic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, the current TAT on moderns is about 7 weeks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For me it's about four months-ish, but that's because I send my books to CFP first. I kinda fire and forget.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a big order (about 30 books) submitted at Wondercon so the received date was April 4th and they just shipped out today, so very nearly 2 full months
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Do you Fast Pass the books you send for Pressing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Studley_Dudley Do you Fast Pass the books you send for Pressing?

CFP does not offer a fast pass option at this time, but I have used fast pass with other pressers. Generally speaking, I'm never in a hurry to get the books graded and returned unless it's a mega key or something.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Understandable. I appreciate the info.

I'm considering investing in more books to flip. As such, wait time is time the books aren't on the market.

I'm sort of torn. I collect Silver Age books & I love hunting for the right book at the right price. I love collecting for that matter. When I find a nice key book at a steal it's exciting.

But dipping my toe into the retail side of things, where I have money tied into books for the sake of making a profit turns the process into something more cold & calculated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600635 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?