Questions

Now this CGC case is questionable...2995

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'll contact CGC to see what they say.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Another one! Just received it. Not happy. I'll have to reach out to CGC about this one also, although I fully expect them to tell me to pound sand. This one is a 7.0 Tales to Astonish 93.

Post 28 IP   flag post
A better (worse?) picture...

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I knew it
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I'll contact CGC to see what they say.

Let us know what CGC says...if anything. I'm still waiting for a response regarding returning cracked CGC labels. I guess they really don't care, it's been almost a week since my inquire.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. So glad I picked CBCS when I started in on this. That is unacceptable horrid quality. Part of what we pay for is nice presentation of our comic books. That junk is embarrassing. I'm curious as how they will respond. Do they care about their customers and quality product? Or are they penny squeezers? If it were my business I'd pay for the entire re-slab process and I'd be all over my supplier.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I think the puddling problem is the result of poor slabbing, poor QC, or both, not in the materials themselves.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Clowns Grading Comics
Post 34 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
The puddling was discussed in detail for a very long time on the CGC boards. To my knowledge, CGC always maintained it was not a problem for the comic and did not offer to reholder books.

On the boards it was also sometimes referred to as case indents.

I unslab a lot of comics and it was interesting to me that this problem seemed to start around 2013 and lasted a good year. When I would unslab books I almost NEVER saw the problem with older slabs and then CGC seemed to get it under control over the course of a year, maybe two.

But they never admitted it was a problem and never said it needed to be fixed. At least not that I ever read.
Post 35 IP   flag post
That's what CGC did with #CreepEngine, deny that any problem exists, but behind the scenes they sure scrambled to fix it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@IronMan, I just found an extended discussion at the other boards about the issue. Disconcerting that CGC claimed it was a normal production issue within design parameters, at least according to members of that board who had inquired.

I haven't heard back from CGC but will continue to inquire. I now have two books with inner well indentations and they're both books I'd like to keep in as-graded shape, but I don't see how the indentations ultimately will not transfer to the books.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@IronMan, I just found an extended discussion at the other boards about the issue. Disconcerting that CGC claimed it was a normal production issue within design parameters, at least according to members of that board who had inquired.

I haven't heard back from CGC but will continue to inquire. I now have two books with inner well indentations and they're both books I'd like to keep in as-graded shape, but I don't see how the indentations ultimately will not transfer to the books.

Within Design Parameters...where have I heard that before?

Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
600855 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?