Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 5/30/20172991

Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The simple answer to this is that we give such specifics with our turnaround times, and we are dealing with a large volume of backlog in both grading and slab/qc.

If I give a date with specifics, we may still have some orders peppered in with older dates, and those customers will be concerned because we're announcing dates that are newer than their orders.

Once everyone gets back in the office and we get this volume shipped out, I'll start updating the turnaround. It will only be another week or two and we'll be back to normal.

Week three without an update. Can we assume at this point that you will be grading more "soon".
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
#Shipping!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
#5weeks&stillnothing haha
Post 153 IP   flag post
@bige31 if you are in pressing you have a ways to go.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
been in QC since May 30th. I have a feeling this is gonna be the week I move on to shipping!
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Nope no pressing. Just ASV, but I am patiently waiting. Good news is another order of mine was received.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
I Honestly don't know what's going on lately I have a quickstream that was done being pressed on may 15th and it was supposed to be graded in 2 weeks and there is still no update I love Cbcs but the wait is killing me lol.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that most of the CBCS staff was out at Comic Con's collecting more orders and NOT working on the orders they already have. Makes sense. All the orders they have sitting in their vault are already paid for, what's the incentive to grade those any faster. Getting new orders is where the money is. $$$

Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Dan1972 private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday (or maybe a few days ago? Seems like I check everyday) I check the status of my book...still in grading, says 8 to 12 weeks. Okay. Fine.

Today I check the status of my book and it says 91 business days?? So 18+ weeks??
Post 159 IP   flag post
Interesting. I currently have 5 submissions in various stages. All show the typical 8-12 week message except the newest sub I submitted last week which was for 5 books with pressing and no fast pass or anything.

This recent one shows.....168 business days, which is basically 235 calendar days. ~2/3 of a year...

I'm sure it's a bug of some kind. Probably tried rolling out an enhancement to their turnaround times specific to a customers submission and the day counter got screwy or something. I hope that's the case at least.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Actual invoice says 24 weeks from receipt.
Post 161 IP   flag post
They might be beta testing the TATs for pressing.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
It seems that most of the CBCS staff was out at Comic Con's collecting more orders and NOT working on the orders they already have. Makes sense. All the orders they have sitting in their vault are already paid for, what's the incentive to grade those any faster. Getting new orders is where the money is. $$$

What incentive do they have to get our books back to us. They make us pay for them as soon as they are received. Books in their vault just collecting dust. Maybe they should not be going to on-site grading if it completely shuts down their business, and alienates customers.

Also notice the complete lack of comment from anyone who works at CBCS. Ever since Zack moved on I can't even get someone to answer my e-mails in a timely manner.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Dan1972 private msg quote post Address this user
Given, my submission is a signature verification so that will take longer. However, after receiving emails about the competition adding staff and drastically reducing turnaround times I submitted 21 modern books to them in mid-may. Those books are already in quality control.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Shipping: Day 2
Post 165 IP   flag post
QC: Day 24
Post 166 IP   flag post
I was only in QC 2.5 weeks. I did have fast pass on them though.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea when the books submitted at MegaCon will show up in our accounts?
Post 168 IP   flag post
#Soon

Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm just going to use on-site grading for everything. It is so much faster than fast pass for the insignificant cost difference.

Six weeks after my books went to received status, I mailed a book to a facilitator - he had it signed at a con where there was no on-site grading - he held onto it for 3 weeks, and then took it to a con where there was on-site grading, got it graded; brought it home from con and is shipping it to me.

Oh, and the books that were in received status? They're still in QC.
Post 170 IP   flag post
#Shipped! 😎
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector mumptastic private msg quote post Address this user

Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
#Shipped! 😎

SIGH........ still QC, week 4? I have lost count now.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
My books moved to shipping from QC today after weeks in that department. Submitted them in Knoxville back in April. Can't remember how long/when it will get to a point where I can see the grade. I may receive them before that happens.
Post 174 IP   flag post
@John1122 as soon as they leave the CBCS building you can see the grades.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I'm still waiting to hear if my comic is IN the building. I sent a follow up email again today from Tuesday lol
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Aaaaannnnnnnddddd....I just got my shipping email.
Post 177 IP   flag post

Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Webbi private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

Grading 3 of my books; this is a new thing for me. They were delivered to CBCS location June 12th.

Just wondering IF they inform me of the package being rec'd and how long I might wait for them to be graded?

Thanks
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Webbi depends on what tier you used, if you added fast past, if you are having them pressed?
Post 180 IP   flag post
601252 273 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?