Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 5/30/20172991

Collector effy76 private msg quote post Address this user
processing.....its not about the status, my query is about the timescales and how 3 weeks ago they were 1 week short of the 'grading books received on' date and 3 weeks later they are still on the same status.....not as bad as being in QC for 2 weeks but just seems there is something of a holdup somewhere (or everywhere?)
Post 76 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We currently have a large backlog in slab/QC. We expect things to start moving through much quicker next week once everyone gets back from On-Site at Heroes Con.

Everything will ship out in order of when it was received.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by effy76
So on the 5/22 the turnaround update says Modern books received on the 4/17 are being graded........3 weeks later and no movement to this (mine were received on the 4/23) so I am guessing the turnaround times are increasing significantly again given books received 1 week later then being graded at the point of update haven't moved in 3 weeks?

You filled out the invoice on 4/23. We did not receive your order until 5/3.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector effy76 private msg quote post Address this user
lol, no worries just wanted to check there weren't some big delays or something . I will be honest each time I have to convert dates from American to English it just makes my head hurt so I will wait patiently like us Brits are renowned for
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
For real though, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have answered the "processing" question. CBCS needs a sticky on that.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
lol, no worries just wanted to check there weren't some big delays or something . I will be honest each time I have to convert dates from American to English it just makes my head hurt so I will wait patiently like us Brits are renowned for

There are delays because of the backlog in slab/QC and we are hitting dates where there was huge volume received by us. It seems like we've come to a standstill, but we're processing as many as we always have.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
For real though, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have answered the "processing" question. CBCS needs a sticky on that.

We're working on it.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego mine still shows submitted so its understandable given the nature of comic book collecting. I've just resigned to having a good time here in the forums until otherwise also that is an excellent new avatar!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

There are delays because of the backlog in slab/QC and we are hitting dates where there was huge volume received by us. It seems like we've come to a standstill, but we're processing as many as we always have.

Sounds like business is going well! Excellent! This is pretty peak season for some really good conventions. I'm not really all that surprised that CBCS is backed up a little.
Post 84 IP   flag post

Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How accurate is this? If so this explains so much
Post 86 IP   flag post
@bige31 yes it is accurate, QC is the 5th level of Hell.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Cool cuz I've been in processing since may 18 after an absolute debacle from April 2nd. They thought I had 12 comics when I only submitted 9. Got it handled and I've been patiently waiting ever since.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you made this you deserve an award. Even if you didn't you should still get like a ribbon or something.
Post 89 IP   flag post
@bige31 Processing is NOT a status. Click into your invoice number to open it up and see what status it is in. Lol, this is the "processing" question I was referring to earlier. I wish I had a dollar...
Post 90 IP   flag post
@Mef I didn't make it, another forum member did.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
@bige31 Processing is NOT a status. Click into your invoice number to open it up and see what status it is in. Lol, this is the "processing" question I was referring to earlier. I wish I had a dollar...

Sorry I was looking at the brace that includes recieved, grading, qc, and shipping. Mine still says submitted so I'm screwed.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@bige31 did you submit at a con? If so there is a delay in getting the orders from cons enerted into the computer.
Post 93 IP   flag post
@DarthLego yeah I submitted at fan expo Dallas. But the thing is my brother got his back in 7 weeks and we submitted at the same time. I think it was the fact that they had 12 comics submitted and I called and said I only had 9 and that threw a wrench into the system.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Obie146 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the turnaround time still the same today as it was two weeks ago?

Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
When will the books from Megacon show up in the system?
Post 96 IP   flag post
@bige31 did you submit for pressing, pressing will just about double the normal tats.
Post 97 IP   flag post
@DarthLego nope. Just ordinary slabbing with authenticated signatures. Just says received.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie146
Is the turnaround time still the same today as it was two weeks ago?

We might see a new one this week but as Steve mentioned up there they seem to be a little back logged with all the con submits, Heroes Con is this weekend, but hey business is doing well. Means our books will appreciate well. I'm happy to see a business take off.
Post 99 IP   flag post
The simple answer to this is that we give such specifics with our turnaround times, and we are dealing with a large volume of backlog in both grading and slab/qc.

If I give a date with specifics, we may still have some orders peppered in with older dates, and those customers will be concerned because we're announcing dates that are newer than their orders.

Once everyone gets back in the office and we get this volume shipped out, I'll start updating the turnaround. It will only be another week or two and we'll be back to normal.
Post 100 IP   flag post
F5...QC...F5...QC
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

If you made this you deserve an award. Even if you didn't you should still get like a ribbon or something.
way more time in recieved
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I hope this doesn't make it even longer in QC.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector mloya2780 private msg quote post Address this user
Think it's time for you guys to hire more staff. The wait time is ridiculous. I understand the cons can hold things up, but as a business you should have planned for this and should have staffed accordingly. It just sucks paying for a service and not having your books for 3 months that's a quarter of a year. It's just frustrating checking back for turn around updates for the last 3 weeks and nothing has changed. So your 2 weeks out from being back to the normal. So that means my books won't be getting graded for about a month and who knows how long it will take to be graded once it eligible.
Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
601333 273 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?