CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 5/30/20172991

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Another night in QC jail.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
I've been in QC all of last week and still in QC this week.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
yeah - QC - day six? day seven?

I've lost count.

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I am pretty sure I have been in QC for a full week now
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
woot! finally got my order into grading! First time doing grade screen so we will see how things goes (and how good my guess on the grades were)
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86
woot! finally got my order into grading! First time doing grade screen so we will see how things goes (and how good my guess on the grades were)
Let us know how the grade screening went. I'm curious for some possible future submissions. Thx
Post 56 IP   flag post
QC City be like Suplex City.

Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector ThirdFloorComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new to the CBCS "experience" ... but have to say that so far I'm not having a good time. After paying for a "Silver" membership being charged $75 a book for cleaning and pressing seems to be excessive, especially after being told in a phone conversation with someone at the office that it would be a cost of $12 a book. Add to it the added turn around time of 3 to 4 weeks. If the gentleman that answered my questions when I called had told me to look it up on the CBCS pressing Facebook page then at least I wouldn't have been so shocked by the added cost or turnaround times for a "Rapid" grading. As it stands, I'm nearly $350 and 6 weeks into getting 2 books graded under the so called "Rapid" program..
I own a small comic shop, many of my customers are interested in getting their books pressed and graded...at this point my personal experience with CBCS is so poor that I cannot recommend them to any of my customers.
Post 58 IP   flag post
@ThirdFloorComics pressing and grading are two different things. Pressing is $12. You are a talking about the Rapid fee. Why did you choose Rapid? The prices are clear on the pricing page https://www.cbcscomics.com/pricing. You choose the tier of service that oppropriate for your book. The only books that should ever be Rapid are $2000 to $4000 books.
Post 59 IP   flag post
@Dan1972 his problem wasn't with the pressing price. His problem was he chose the most expensive Rapid tier for absolutely no good reason.
Post 60 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdFloorComics
I'm new to the CBCS "experience" ... but have to say that so far I'm not having a good time. After paying for a "Silver" membership being charged $75 a book for cleaning and pressing seems to be excessive, especially after being told in a phone conversation with someone at the office that it would be a cost of $12 a book. Add to it the added turn around time of 3 to 4 weeks. If the gentleman that answered my questions when I called had told me to look it up on the CBCS pressing Facebook page then at least I wouldn't have been so shocked by the added cost or turnaround times for a "Rapid" grading. As it stands, I'm nearly $350 and 6 weeks into getting 2 books graded under the so called "Rapid" program..
I own a small comic shop, many of my customers are interested in getting their books pressed and graded...at this point my personal experience with CBCS is so poor that I cannot recommend them to any of my customers.

You chose the Rapid tier to have your books processed in. If you want I can have them bumped back down the the proper tier of service and have you refunded the difference. Email me at sricketts@cbcscomics.com and I'll take care of it for you.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Wait, I see what happened. You used your membership to process the books through. By them being in the Rapid tier, you were charged for that level of pressing.

Yes, I can have those pressed on a less expensive tier. Email me and I'll get everything straightened out.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Ungh, I was just told that QC can take 2 weeks!

Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Ungh, I was just told that QC can take 2 weeks!

Well I've been in QC all of last week and this week!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
You guys must really have some quality control issues @DarthLego USE THE FORCE
Post 65 IP   flag post

Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in five books and got two back. The others havent entered grading yet. It seems to be taking a LOT longer to process than previous orders. This is the first time they are splitting my books into two packages, and i only sent five books this time. I hope this means that the word is getting out, and that they are getting more business. I sent an email asking about my other books, and didnt get a reply yet.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGLEG
I sent in five books and got two back. The others havent entered grading yet. It seems to be taking a LOT longer to process than previous orders. This is the first time they are splitting my books into two packages, and i only sent five books this time. I hope this means that the word is getting out, and that they are getting more business. I sent an email asking about my other books, and didnt get a reply yet.

I can't tell by looking at your account. You'll have to get an answer from Customer Service. When did you email them?
Post 68 IP   flag post
@HOGLEG did you ask for pressing service on those books? Pressing books always get split off and the wait on pressing is about 8 weeks from what we can tell.
Post 69 IP   flag post
QC...F5...QC...F5...QC...F5
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector mora1618 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I'm been in quality control for 3 weeks can anybody tell me when my books are going to be ready to ship?

My order is 17-1479C83-MD
Post 71 IP   flag post
#Soon
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector effy76 private msg quote post Address this user
So on the 5/22 the turnaround update says Modern books received on the 4/17 are being graded........3 weeks later and no movement to this (mine were received on the 4/23) so I am guessing the turnaround times are increasing significantly again given books received 1 week later then being graded at the point of update haven't moved in 3 weeks?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
I think maybe my grey hairs are getting grey hairs waiting on QC - I've actually reached the point where in place of being concerned my books are taking forever, I'm concerned someone might be seriously ill or injured who normally works in the QC department.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@effy76 what status is your order in? And don't say processing because that's not a status.
Post 75 IP   flag post
processing.....its not about the status, my query is about the timescales and how 3 weeks ago they were 1 week short of the 'grading books received on' date and 3 weeks later they are still on the same status.....not as bad as being in QC for 2 weeks but just seems there is something of a holdup somewhere (or everywhere?)
Post 76 IP   flag post
We currently have a large backlog in slab/QC. We expect things to start moving through much quicker next week once everyone gets back from On-Site at Heroes Con.

Everything will ship out in order of when it was received.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by effy76
So on the 5/22 the turnaround update says Modern books received on the 4/17 are being graded........3 weeks later and no movement to this (mine were received on the 4/23) so I am guessing the turnaround times are increasing significantly again given books received 1 week later then being graded at the point of update haven't moved in 3 weeks?

You filled out the invoice on 4/23. We did not receive your order until 5/3.
Post 78 IP   flag post
lol, no worries just wanted to check there weren't some big delays or something . I will be honest each time I have to convert dates from American to English it just makes my head hurt so I will wait patiently like us Brits are renowned for
Post 79 IP   flag post
For real though, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have answered the "processing" question. CBCS needs a sticky on that.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600643 273 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?