Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsToys

Cited: 15 times Image Ripped off Marvel(CBR)2982

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Spitting Image: 15 Times Image FLAGRANTLY Copied Marvel And DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr.com

Twenty-five years ago, several high-profile comic creators ventured off on their own and launched Image Comics. Creators like Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane, and others created their own characters and topped the charts in the ‘90s. Now, over two decades later, Image Comics has continued that tradition of allowing creators to fully flex their creative muscles with their own original series.

RELATED: 16 Times Comic Artists RIPPED OFF Celebrity Faces

However, not everything released by Image Comics over the years has been completely original, especially during those early days. When Image Comics released its early series of books, it was clear that the creators were borrowing heavily from Marvel and DC. To say they “borrowed” ideas is actually extremely generous. They basically ripped off the biggest, most popular characters and gave them new, edgy names and costumes. If they wanted to tell a Captain America story, well just use Captain America, change the name, alter the costume, and you’re set! Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men topped the charts, so how about just rip off everything about them for multiple series? Let’s take a look at 15 times that Image Comics ripped off Marvel and DC.

Interesting Read. Especially the parts about Alan Moore and Silverstri! Thought I'd share.

Spitting Image: 15 Times Image FLAGRANTLY Copied Marvel And DC
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
DC and Marvel have been stealing from each other for well over half a century, especially Marvel from DC.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
DC and Marvel have been stealing from each other for well over half a century, especially Marvel from DC.
Not only copying other's cover layouts but often their own covers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder who Comic Book Resources stole that list from.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini

Oooo breaking the 4th wall now... 😂🤣
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
But...healing factors are dope.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini

Oooo breaking the 4th wall now... 😂🤣

It took two months to get a picture I posted on facebook of myself holding CGC books to be removed from an article on Comic Book Resources.

CBR is beyond a waste of time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It took over 20 years to write an article about something that was obvious from the ads soliciting the comics in Previews.

??
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Slade and Wade were just cousins....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I was never really into Image Comics so all of this is actually new to me (yeh I’m a dinosaur)…what a brilliant laugh with the character rip offs
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
I was never really into Image Comics so all of this is actually new to me (yeh I’m a dinosaur)…what a brilliant laugh with the character rip offs
Homages ... ahem!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Homages ... ahem!

Of course…my sincere apologies for inferring otherwise

I'm still laughing btw
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
ShadowHawk isn't a ripoff of Batman. ShadowHawk was African American and was HIV positive and succombed from the illness. Just because he prowled the city at night seeking those who needed justice doesn't make the character a Batman ripoff. Apparently, the guy who wrote that article had no idea how brave it was for Jim Valentino to create a character that was HIV positive in the early 1990's due to the stigma that society placed upon those with the illness at that time. Also, the guy who wrote that article failed to research silver age ShadowHawk and what it was about. It was written as a PARODY. Ya know like the TMNT's were a parody of what Frank Miller was doing with the Hand, and Stick in Daredevil. I guess, the author of the article will have to write another one saying that Laird and Eastman were ripping off Marvel...

Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
597983 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?