Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Cover Contest Week 39 - SHARK WEEK!!!2954

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
It should not be considered because us poor kids with small insignificant collections would always be left in the dust. It would become class warfare. Also, there's no way to verify anyone owns anything. I can tell you I own a Tales of Suspense #39, how do you know that I don't?

Class warfare!? How can that be when you represent the power of the Federation and I'm just a lowly ale purveyor supporting the resistance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
I usually post when I am at work. I'd be out most weeks because I don't have my books with me and even if I did, I wouldn't stop and scan it.
I say leave it as is

Scan it at home, upload to Photobucket, rinse thoroughly and post at leisure from work.

I'm sure that nothing will change, but I'm a persistent cuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
If anyone thinks the contest is boring and unimaginative the best thing to do is leave it to the folks who do in fact enjoy it and focus on the myriad of other threads that might better fit your criteria

So, your suggestion would be to cut off any discussion in respect to ideas that might improve the guidelines. I'll certainly take your viewpoint under advisement. Do you have any opinions on climate change?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I believe all suggestions should be freely presented and discussed. Zero harm in that. If someone does put forth an idea that makes the contest more fun for everyone (or at least the majority) it probably will be implemented. To a point someone made earlier and something I've observed. The member contestants are generally the same people every week with a few strays here and there (mind that I'm still a relative newbie). This tells me this contest is not everybodies cup of tea. If we put more restrictions in the rules we may lose a handful of core players.

Having said that, I predict a very high turnout for the current Star Wars theme. May infuse new blood into the game. Anyway, it's an interesting discussion.

It's FRIDAY.... to the bar......

😎🍺🍺🍺
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

So, your suggestion would be to cut off any discussion in respect to ideas that might improve the guidelines. I'll certainly take your viewpoint under advisement. Do you have any opinions on climate change?

No that is not my suggestion and I said nothing of the sort. You sound like a reasonably intelligent man so I suspect you knew that and were just attempting to be snarky. (I'm ignoring the climate change question) I am all for voicing opinions (obviously) but when you keep making the same points over and over again perhaps it is time to move on.

Re: finding pictures online.. isn't that what the majority of people are doing in the double connections thread?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

No that is not my suggestion and I said nothing of the sort. You sound like a reasonably intelligent man so I suspect you knew that and were just attempting to be snarky. (I'm ignoring the climate change question) I am all for voicing opinions (obviously) but when you keep making the same points over and over again perhaps it is time to move on.

Re: finding pictures online.. isn't that what the majority of people are doing in the double connections thread?

If I misread your post, that's on me, but from my reasonably intelligent perspective your comment seemed condescending and dismissive, ...deserving of a little shark, excuse me, snark.

Repetitive points, ...really? That wasn't my perception, but I guess that's on me too. How many times did I voice the same opinion in your estimation?

In the Double Connections thread, all of the images I post are scans from my collection, but in setting it up I didn't make hard and fast rules that apply to other's images. Of course, that thread isn't a contest, it's a challenge, ...a noteworthy difference.

I'm not losing any sleep over the Contest of The Week rules. If Googled images are the standard, no problem. All I did was present my observations. Food for thought, nothing more.

As you've suggested it is time to move on. If you wish to continue the discussion via PM, feel free.

Cheers,
Cat
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica will it help your feels if the name is officially changed to "Cover Challenge?"
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Darkga you actually won by a landslide once the invalid votes are dropped.

Who did that? BAW, aw, aw, aw, aw, aw. Captain Chaos!!!!!
Post 81 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Dr Chaos isn't going to like his competition. Lol
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CatmanAmerica will it help your feels if the name is officially changed to "Cover Challenge?"

Never go full monkey, DL.
Post 83 IP   flag post
600771 83 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?