Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeSignatures

Baby Teeth #1 Black preorder 5/282941

Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys Maxwell Comics & MGA/MGC have team up to bring you Baby Teeth #1 Black by Donny Cates & Garry Brown
Its a Black Embossed cover on card stock. The image has been changed for presentation. The title will be completely black.
Prices
Single issue 9.6+ or better 29.99
Single issue 9.6+ or better signed by Donny Cates $49.99 (in red).
Single issue 9.6+ or better graded Blue Label 79.99
Single issue 9.6+ or better Signature Series signed by Donny Cates $99.99
Limited to 300 print run and can be used as a blank because of its card stock.
www.Moregreatcollectibles.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
This is Babyteeth!
None more black.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Why does this seem like deja vu?

Solar Man of the Atom #10
Batman #515

There are probably many others.....ASM #36 (except title), Tribe #1 (w/gold), Shadowhawk #1 (w/silver)....etc.....

We all know that these are a bi-otch to stay in 9.6+ condition. Yet they want to sell them for $30.00+?

Why?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I always feel cheated with no Cover Art
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I always feel cheated with no Cover Art
Hi Big Red, I understand the sentiment. But you can add your own artist on the cover. Its card stock. I have a couple of guys already lined up to do some killer remarks and images.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's meant to be a sketch cover blank, which is super cool, but that price point is rather steep for a sketch blank.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
OOps Sorry, I guess Im just stuck in the past and out of touch with all the newer gimmicks they use now days.

I guess everybody has their own thing in the hobby and that's what makes it fun and interesting.

What works for one, might not work for another.

Im also not into having anybody scribble autographs across the covers of my books either. I tend to down grade them for the writing on them. I know signatures are popular with lots of collector's, but its just not for me.

Give Me some good old clean Seventies Buscema or Gil Kane Conan Books and Im more than content with original books with no writing defacing the beautiful covers.



Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
There are so many variants to this baby teeth thing yikes!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
OOps Sorry, I guess Im just stuck in the past and out of touch with all the newer gimmicks they use now days.

I guess everybody has their own thing in the hobby and that's what makes it fun and interesting.

What works for one, might not work for another.

Im also not into having anybody scribble autographs across the covers of my books either. I tend to down grade them for the writing on them. I know signatures are popular with lots of collector's, but its just not for me.

Give Me some good old clean Seventies Buscema or Gil Kane Conan Books and Im more than content with original books with no writing defacing the beautiful covers.





I feel your sentiment about this. I purchase variants that I personally enjoy the artwork of. It's visually appealing to me in the time and effort the artist/colorist put into that piece of art. I've started trying to appreciate splash pages for the artist/colorist too and had one signed recently. It's not an important issue or anything but as an artwork to me I found it worthy for that. The colorist really appreciated that lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
OOps Sorry, I guess Im just stuck in the past and out of touch with all the newer gimmicks they use now days.

I guess everybody has their own thing in the hobby and that's what makes it fun and interesting.

What works for one, might not work for another.

Im also not into having anybody scribble autographs across the covers of my books either. I tend to down grade them for the writing on them. I know signatures are popular with lots of collector's, but its just not for me.

Give Me some good old clean Seventies Buscema or Gil Kane Conan Books and Im more than content with original books with no writing defacing the beautiful covers.





I feel your sentiment about this. I purchase variants that I personally enjoy the artwork of. It's visually appealing to me in the time and effort the artist/colorist put into that piece of art. I've started trying to appreciate splash pages for the artist/colorist too and had one signed recently. It's not an important issue or anything but as an artwork to me I found it worthy for that. The colorist really appreciated that lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Guys I totally get it. Especially from the artists perspective. I represent 28 of them. We will be doing some pretty cool stuff with Aftershock and some of my crew in the upcoming months. This is our first of many to come.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Up and running guys
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I just don't get it?

#1 I gotta pay a premium for a comic with a blank cover?

#2 I then gotta hunt down and pay an additional fee to have someone "Sketch" on it?


Back in the day.... .25 cents would get you a book with a already completed legendary Jack Kirby Cover.

I guess different stroke for different folks.

Good Luck with the project.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I guess I just don't get it?

#1 I gotta pay a premium for a comic with a blank cover?

#2 I then gotta hunt down and pay an additional fee to have someone "Sketch" on it?


Back in the day.... .25 cents would get you a book with a already completed legendary Jack Kirby Cover.

I guess different stroke for different folks.

Good Luck with the project.


Hi,BigRed
Thanks will be showing some of the cool ideas we are having done on the covers stay tuned. By the way I remember those days myself.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user



Books are in and they look awesome........
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Smell the Diaper
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys we have some Blacks in autographed by Donny


Almost sold out. thanks for making it a big success

M
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Can I pick up a blank at HOC or do I gotta order online? Kinda late in the game but I'm diggin on the idea of a black book with silver/red sketch possibilities 🔥



Still not exactly sure if you guys are the same thing or just work out of the same location, or if there's really no association at all 😁?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Can I pick up a blank at HOC or do I gotta order online? Kinda late in the game but I'm diggin on the idea of a black book with silver/red sketch possibilities 🔥



Still not exactly sure if you guys are the same thing or just work out of the same location, or if there's really no association at all 😁?


Hi Shrew, not to worry. It would be easier off the site.
I can get it out tomorrow morning. The Hall is one of our partners, but wasn't involved on this one. Let me know if that works.
Post 19 IP   flag post
194231 19 19
destitute