Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Zack Snyder drops out of Justice League2919

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Zack Snyder has withdrawn from directing the upcoming Justice League film after his daughter's suicide in March.

So I'm no fan of Snyder's movies but this is tragic news and my sympathies go out to him and his family. Joss Whedon is stepping in to direct the reshoots for the upcoming November release.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's probably best for both the movie and his family, its not easy to focus on work during tragedy. My prayers are with him. And JL is in good hands with Joss, always been a fan of his. Marvel screwed up when they micromanaged him during Age of Ultron. You can't micromanage genius. I'm glad to have Joss on team DC.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I heard Michael Bay will take over directing. He makes those "fantastic" Transformer movies.

Post 3 IP   flag post
They really weren't that bad until they fired Megan Fox and hired Marky Mark.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Michael Bay is the worst
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Are you disrespecting Marky Mark bro!?!

Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Joss Whedon is taking over. Besides guys, the movie is in post production. Post! It's already a wrap lol

totes my sincere sympathies and condolences to his family tho
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
From what I've heard, the reshoots are extensive.

The studio wants two different cuts to choose from.

That's the rumor, anyway (according to the latest episode of "Fatman on Batman".
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad he is taking time to be with his family. I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose a daughter to suicide Wish the best for him and his family.

In other news, it doesn't even matter who directed Justice League pre or post production, I'd see it regardless.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It is in post production, but they do have some reshoots scheduled. So Joss will clock some actual time behind the camera.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
It is in post production, but they do have some reshoots scheduled. So Joss will clock some actual time behind the camera.

Not mad about that!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@KingNampa yes I am...have you seen The Happening?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Made the mistake of watching BatvSup, will not make the mistake of watching Justice League movie. I am almost strictly a DC or indie comic guy - but DC movies have sucked for a very long time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
BvS didn't suck.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
BvS didn't suck.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Made the mistake of watching BatvSup, will not make the mistake of watching Justice League movie. I am almost strictly a DC or indie comic guy - but DC movies have sucked for a very long time.

The only movie I liked Zack Snyder doing was 300. Christopher Nolan did a great Batman Begins. Other than that, they have been crappy. The justice league movie looked terrible. I hope joss can work his magic and make something good, but it's near impossible to make a dog turd "shiney".
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Sincerest condolences & prayers to the Snyder family. Only 20 yrs. old too; may she find eternal peace.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica 😮
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
BvS didn't suck.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
BvS didn't suck.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Michael Bay should be fired out of a cannon into the sun. Sadly they wouldn't be able to fit him and his ego into the cannon.

There was lots wrong with BvS. It mostly made no sense. If WW hadn't been in it would have been a total wash. WW looks good but I suspect JL is likely to suck.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
BvS didn't suck.

I actually re-watched it just last weekend. It has flaws. I don't think anyone can deny that; there are plot holes and pacing issues. But its not a terrible movie in my opinion. Each time I watch it, I find something else I like about it. I can watch the scene where Batman clears the room to save Martha Kent everyday and never get sick of it. Overall, I like Snyder's vision. Its the scripts that usually have the problems (why aren't we blaming the writers for that more?).

As for Joss, I've liked his work (but Age of Ultron was pretty bad), but I have to say I find him grating IRL. I think he's just so sanctimonious on some issues. But that's just me. I am glad though that someone with experience and passion will be finalizing the movie. I just hope the movie doesn't wind up with conflicting visions in the final cut.

But, that's all beside the point. The family's tragedy here is massive. I can't imagine the stress he must have been under with a massive movie in production, facing all the criticism, and then on top of all that to lose a child. I wish him the best.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i liked watchmen imo
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I have opinions on his work, but I'm just going to say this is a sad thing and I hope his family gets through this as best as possible. I always say that God never intended there to be death or divorce and there is no reason or meaning in it. You just have to work around it and find a way to move forward.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder

There was lots wrong with BvS. It mostly made no sense.

Watching the Extended Cut cleared a lot of it up for me, still didn't like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor but I still enjoyed the rest of it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@CatmanAmerica 😮

Straw + toilet = sucking experience no one should have to endure. Of course, mileage and tastes will vary.

OTOH, sincerest sympathy to Zack Snyder & his family. It's a heartbreaking tragedy undoubtably made more difficult by the pressure of big budget film-making and daily production schedules.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
@CatmanAmerica 😮

Straw + toilet = sucking experience no one should have to endure. Of course, mileage and tastes will vary.

OTOH, sincerest sympathy to Zack Snyder & his family. It's a heartbreaking tragedy undoubtably made more difficult by the pressure of big budget film-making and daily production schedules.

Lol, so that's a straw? I was thinking you were putting my Lego Lightsaber into the toilet.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the same thing about the straw! But after some es-plainin' I see it now. 😆
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
i liked watchmen imo
I think Zack Snyder does a decent job when he's adapting something (nearly) frame by frame as he did with Watchmen (the longer director's cut is one of my favorite comic book movies) and 300, which wasn't my favorite but my issues with it were pretty much all in the source material.

It's when he tries to build something from scratch, like he did with BvS where his weakness to elevate a script is most obvious. David S Goyer is hardly a comic fan but in the hands of a more skilled director, like Christopher Nolan with Batman Begins, his stories could make a good movie. But a script from the same person in Zack Snyder's hands gave us Batman v Superman.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Why'd they fire Fox?
Post 30 IP   flag post
598062 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?