CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

I went to half priced books today2905

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I wish there was a HPB down in my area, people find crazy things there
Post 51 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I just cleaned the untold legend of the batman comic/tape combo pack very lightly and it shined up nice. It looks almost brand new!
Post 52 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I want to know how that tape sounds!!
Post 54 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke are you keeping that?
Post 55 • IP   flag post


I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
YES
Post 56 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


BRO. Happy birthday!


Post 57 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


I can't open this?!! That comic book inside is like a 9.9!
Post 58 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


I can't open this?!! That comic book inside is like a 9.9!


Only if you open it and grade it, until then it's window dressing for a cassette tape.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Are you suggesting I open it?
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I had NO idea there were cassette tapes of this comic series. Anyway, don't open it just to listen ... I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaW2cpMwmc
Post 61 • IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke




Amazing Spider-man #400 newsstand edition , pretty high grade

Today I dropped in on what must have been the world's worst comic book store. They had six short boxes. But I looked through them anyway - since I was already there - and I'm pretty sure I saw this comic. Didn't know what it was, so I left it there ... I couldn't really read it, but I thought it said "Shark" something. Anyway, it was the dollar bin, probably an 8.5. (They were ALL the dollar bin. Including close to 50 copies of JLA #1, one for each state flag.) This isn't actually worth anything, is it?
Post 62 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Are you suggesting I open it?

No, just saying it's not a 9.9 unless you grade it and it is.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome haul, makes me wish they had a HPB near my place in Florida.
Post 64 • IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
There are 3 stores in my area and two of them are really close. Sometimes my buddy and I take my daughter to go look, we always joke that people think we're a married couple, we're both married separately so it works lol
Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Wow I just cleaned the untold legend of the batman comic/tape combo pack very lightly and it shined up nice. It looks almost brand new!


How did you clean it and what did you use to do it?
Post 66 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I used goo gone for the price tag on the front. Then, I took a clorox wipe and wringed it out completely so it was practically dry...and lightly wiped the entire thing carefully.
Post 67 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke




Amazing Spider-man #400 newsstand edition , pretty high grade

Today I dropped in on what must have been the world's worst comic book store. They had six short boxes. But I looked through them anyway - since I was already there - and I'm pretty sure I saw this comic. Didn't know what it was, so I left it there ... I couldn't really read it, but I thought it said "Shark" something. Anyway, it was the dollar bin, probably an 8.5. (They were ALL the dollar bin. Including close to 50 copies of JLA #1, one for each state flag.) This isn't actually worth anything, is it?


It's a 9.6 newsstand edition copy of Amazing Spider-man #400. It has the die cut embossed cover, and it features the death of Aunt May, somewhat a minor key issue. Even mint they go for just $20 so one dollar sounds like a deal to me
Post 68 • IP   flag post
657131 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?