Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

I went to half priced books today2905

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I wish there was a HPB down in my area, people find crazy things there
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I just cleaned the untold legend of the batman comic/tape combo pack very lightly and it shined up nice. It looks almost brand new!
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I want to know how that tape sounds!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke are you keeping that?
Post 55 IP   flag post


COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
YES
Post 56 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


BRO. Happy birthday!


Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


I can't open this?!! That comic book inside is like a 9.9!
Post 58 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I want to know how that tape sounds!!


I can't open this?!! That comic book inside is like a 9.9!


Only if you open it and grade it, until then it's window dressing for a cassette tape.
Post 59 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Are you suggesting I open it?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I had NO idea there were cassette tapes of this comic series. Anyway, don't open it just to listen ... I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaW2cpMwmc
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke




Amazing Spider-man #400 newsstand edition , pretty high grade

Today I dropped in on what must have been the world's worst comic book store. They had six short boxes. But I looked through them anyway - since I was already there - and I'm pretty sure I saw this comic. Didn't know what it was, so I left it there ... I couldn't really read it, but I thought it said "Shark" something. Anyway, it was the dollar bin, probably an 8.5. (They were ALL the dollar bin. Including close to 50 copies of JLA #1, one for each state flag.) This isn't actually worth anything, is it?
Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Are you suggesting I open it?

No, just saying it's not a 9.9 unless you grade it and it is.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome haul, makes me wish they had a HPB near my place in Florida.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
There are 3 stores in my area and two of them are really close. Sometimes my buddy and I take my daughter to go look, we always joke that people think we're a married couple, we're both married separately so it works lol
Post 65 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Wow I just cleaned the untold legend of the batman comic/tape combo pack very lightly and it shined up nice. It looks almost brand new!


How did you clean it and what did you use to do it?
Post 66 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I used goo gone for the price tag on the front. Then, I took a clorox wipe and wringed it out completely so it was practically dry...and lightly wiped the entire thing carefully.
Post 67 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke




Amazing Spider-man #400 newsstand edition , pretty high grade

Today I dropped in on what must have been the world's worst comic book store. They had six short boxes. But I looked through them anyway - since I was already there - and I'm pretty sure I saw this comic. Didn't know what it was, so I left it there ... I couldn't really read it, but I thought it said "Shark" something. Anyway, it was the dollar bin, probably an 8.5. (They were ALL the dollar bin. Including close to 50 copies of JLA #1, one for each state flag.) This isn't actually worth anything, is it?


It's a 9.6 newsstand edition copy of Amazing Spider-man #400. It has the die cut embossed cover, and it features the death of Aunt May, somewhat a minor key issue. Even mint they go for just $20 so one dollar sounds like a deal to me
Post 68 IP   flag post
194250 68 18
destitute