Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Penciller's sig instead of cover artist's?2901

Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
Would most of you say that it would be just as valuable to get the penciller's sig on the cover and not the actual cover artist's? I have a couple Weapon-X that I would like to get sig'd by Steve Geiger.

Also cuz BWS aint gonna sign shizznite!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If that is what you want then go for it, some people seek out the whole creative team.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I would say that either one is about the same, who the artists are means more (to the value). Getting a signature by the hot artist (could be deceased, hard to get, or have a high fee for signatures) who worked on the book is more important regardless of whether he did the cover or the interior.

In example one Batman # 10 from the nex 52 series has a 1:25 retailer incentive cover. Greg Capullo (interior) would probably add more value than Rafael Alburquerque (cover).

In example two Batman # 2 from the same series has a 1:25 retailer incentive cover. Jim Lee (cover) would probably add more value than Greg Capullo (interior).

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
I would PREFER the entire cover team or as much of it as possible. but I'll have either the cover artist, regular artist, or writer sign if they're the only ones I can get.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as the creator worked on the comic, I see no big deal.

I'd cringe if I saw Stan Lee signing Deadpool. LOL!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
At this point Stan has signed everything from Darth Vader to Batman.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

If you decide to go that route you won't hear me judging you. I got this signed by Mike Perkins who did the interior art and not the cover. I say go for it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I blame that episode of The Big Bang Theory for the Stan Lee signed batmans!
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

In example two Batman # 2 from the same series has a 1:25 retailer incentive cover. Jim Lee (cover) would probably add more value than Greg Capullo (interior).

I'm gonna be getting this book by Jee, Capullo and Snyder at FanExpo
Post 9 IP   flag post
600771 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?