CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What do you do for a living?2899

Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
In which lifetime?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Draco private msg quote post Address this user
Traveling lead POS install tech. Been to 48 states. Road warrior.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher I feel like that with some of my comic OA. Curse you all! It's coming with me when I die! lol.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
Production supervisor at a seafood processing plant in Akutan, Alaska. We kill and freeze the crab that you see those guys on 'The Deadliest Catch' fish for. We also run grey and black cod, halibut, pollock, herring, and pretty much anything you can catch out here.
I collected comics in my late teens and early twenties, but stopped buying and sold my collection. I started collecting again about five years ago. It's better because now I can afford to buy the old books that I couldn't afford when I was a kid. The bad thing is that eventually I will have to ship my books to the lower 48 when I no longer work here...and I bought a LOT of books in the past five years...I got hooked again...
Post 80 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I've worn many hats over the years. For a while, I was a professional college student that became a Town Planner. Then I worked as an Environmental Consultant for a few different firms for about 16 years. Then I went back to college (at night) and got my Teaching Certificate. So I have been teaching High School science classes for the last 13+ years. So far I have taught: Biology (all levels), Physical Science, Genetics, Zoology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Oceanography.
A few students know I go to comic conventions, and a few weeks ago a senior brought in some "old" comics that his dad gave him "years ago" to look at. These old comics were from the 1990's (lol). Boy did that make me feel old.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo...we need to have another beer soon
Post 82 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
@esaravo...we need to have another beer soon
- absolutely. I will have lot's of free time real soon.
Post 83 IP   flag post
great
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Teaching is very rewarding work.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@esaravo Teaching is very rewarding work.
- it can be, and it's pretty awesome when it is. The teaching is the easy part, it's everything else that can be difficult.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
voted- good luck
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I've worn many hats over the years. For a while, I was a professional college student that became a Town Planner. Then I worked as an Environmental Consultant for a few different firms for about 16 years. Then I went back to college (at night) and got my Teaching Certificate. So I have been teaching High School science classes for the last 13+ years. So far I have taught: Biology (all levels), Physical Science, Genetics, Zoology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Oceanography.
A few students know I go to comic conventions, and a few weeks ago a senior brought in some "old" comics that his dad gave him "years ago" to look at. These old comics were from the 1990's (lol). Boy did that make me feel old.

Hey another fellow teacher! Good to see I am not the only one on the boards! Been teaching world history, government, us history, and a modern warfare class. Been at it 16 years
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Now I try everything in my power to get my kids to want my comics ...they simply have no meaning to my kids so I'm getting buried with them when this party's over

Careful what you ask for. My younger son is really getting into comics and I'm having the best time collecting and going to cons with him but now every decent new book goes into his collection....and most of my good stuff from the past has migrated from my collection to his.
Post 89 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Voted for the best cover of the six.

(Yea, it was yours)
Post 90 IP   flag post
@vacomicsguy....nothing would make me happier brother...very cool stuff.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
@vacomicsguy....nothing would make me happier brother...very cool stuff.

It's fun but we have a lot of conversations that go like this:

Me: where's my Star Wars 1
Him: you mean my Star Wars 1?
Me: you don't have a Star Wars 1
Him: No, YOU don't have a Star Wars 1

hope your kids take an interest. It's a lot of fun
Post 92 IP   flag post
ha! great stuff
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Jonny004 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sirtoddington Voted! Like others said, best of the bunch!
Post 94 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Professionally? Beer & Ale tester. It's a demanding job (*hic!*), but never gets old.

Avocations: film/TV acting (limited, but persistent), illustration & painting, art auctioneer (entertainer), high grade GA comic & art brokering/collecting (includes secondary efforts to go broke buying comics), GA historian/lecturer (scholarly search for facts pursuant to informed opinions that don't originate from the anus), philanthropic philandering (fancy name for a generous albeit unrepentant rascal), and shy retirement (a way to shoehorn the phrase shy & retiring into my resume without necessarily meaning it).
Post 95 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
what do I do for a living? Good question ... I ask myself that all the time
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. Good luck
Post 97 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I am a transit supervisor. I take people with limited driving experience and teach them to drive a 20 ton vehicle through some of the worst traffic in the country. I started collecting comics in jr. high school. When I began I was reading at a 4th grade level, by the end of middle school I was reading at a college level. I attribute that entirely to comics (it sure wasn't the public education system). I drifted away for quite awhile but have been back at it for about 7 years and enjoying them as much as ever.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Owner/operator of a small landscape construction company.

I buy/sell comics on the side.
Post 99 IP   flag post
597873 99 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?