Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

SOLVED: opened SS#4 not missing page 312888

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Initially, I had mistaken "page 31" with "31st page"

Edit: Okay the actual 31st page of the book is missing, but page 31 is there. @JWKyle solved the mystery, thank you!

Here you go:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I understand that people make mistakes. But really? You're a grading company. The page in question isn't even an ad page.
I'm heart broken. My heart sank when I discovered all pages intact. This book, the signature, the grading, the fees, the replacement book for a supposed missing page....this book isn't cheap, and it's a key issue to be making mistakes on.

I'm going to need some answers from CBCS on this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
uh oh...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that's a pretty disappointing screw up. Did you have a pretty good idea they were wrong before you opened it up?
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's been bugging me honestly. I had to know. My mind has been restless over this book.

I do not submit books for grading that are not complete. I also do not get Stan Lee to sign books that are not complete.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the crappy picture I just dug mine out for a quick page count. The 31 page should be the Not brand echh page. Not the 31 story page.

Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Check again, how many total pages is that square-bound supposed to have? If I'm not mistaken, they don't count the pages the same way as they are numbered in the book. There is probably an ad page missing that had ads on both sides of the page, thus the page numbering of the art and story are not affected. You need to look through another copy to see what page is missing in your book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
So who's book has an extra page or who's is missing the page?
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
....or have @JWKyle do it for you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Sorry for the crappy picture I just dug mine out for a quick page count. The 31 page should be the Not brand echh page. Not the 31 story page.

@JWKyle solved the mystery Thank you very much, bud
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
So the page really is missing?
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes it is. It's the second half of a double sheet in the way back, someone ripped it out and it's hardly noticeable. Indeed, does not affect story.

It's humbling to know I was wrong but feels great to know that CBCS is in fact "on point". I'm glad someone can chime in so immediately from their collection like @JWKyle's legendary longbox of facts.

I do have page 30-31 from my matching donor comic. They are identical in off-white paper, sheet size, etc. However - This "repair" job I had in mind won't work as simply as including the "page" when it is in fact the other half of a complete page if that makes sense in book binding terms so this would take either scrap-booking tape (like Steve suggested lol), or a professional comic restoration service. Which, by the way, I am seriously considering because this book is a key and somewhat valuable. I think over time this book would be a waste to not restore properly. Any recommendations on a good restoration company?

I really love this book, and it's one of my first books signed when I first met Stan Lee. Thanks
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Glad this got resolved. And kudos to @kaptainmyke for handling a mistake gracefully. 👍🏼🍺
Post 16 IP   flag post
oh yeah i feel totally stupid but that's why professional graders are at work and I'm not haha
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Lol this was a very confusing read. You calm now brah?

No need to restore it. You just need to "marry" the whole wrap. Open the staples, replace the full sheet, close er back up. Or, rip it and use tape to replace half the wrap lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
I thought the book was complete and was wondering how this could have happened.

Opening the staples on the donor comic was a nightmare. I would not do that to this one.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke like Shrew said, you'll want to marry the whole wrap that includes the missing page. I don't know how much it would cost, but might be worth having a professional do the opening of the staples, marrying, and reclosing.
Post 20 IP   flag post
That's what I'd rather do.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke On the bright side, when you finally get it slabbed again it won't be so #riveting.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Is that signed by Stan Lee?!?

Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Isz_A private msg quote post Address this user
Did you just lose the yellow label too? oops say it was verified sig.....label looked yellow.
Post 24 IP   flag post
598061 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?