Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is to warn fellow board members against certain ebay Sellers. It could be due to sub-standard packing, shill bidding, selling restored items with no disclosure etc

Couple of rules:

Your warning should be based on personal experience - not what you have heard, been told etc

Use only facts and proper language

Clearly identify the seller ebay id and the reason you are warning against the seller

Ok let's do it
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
escapist, sold restored item with no disclosure, refused refund
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
How are you going to keep this from being one sided and remain fair? This thread could have its benefits as well as do unwarranted slander.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbogyrater
How are you going to keep this from being one sided and remain fair? This thread could have its benefits as well as do unwarranted slander.

up to each board member to make their own choices based on the information provided. you can choose to disregard the info
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
elle_luk

I ordered some reader copies of Wolverine #2, #3, and Marvel Comics Presents #72 from this seller. Books were listed as VF. The books arrived in a manila envelope with no packing. No cardboard, no bubble wrap, no nothing. At least they were bagged and boarded. Luckily I didn't care about condition because the books are for my son to read. Somehow the books arrived ok. No idea how that was even possible. I won't be ordering from them again.
Post 5 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Stay away from all_things_comics and Kellysuperheroes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Stay away from all_things_comics and Kellysuperheroes.

Why?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Whoa boy lets not go here, I had a seller send me a book listed as near mint with Browning of the pages and rip in the cover. New mutants #1 -yep really mint
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Kellysuperheroes massive over grade with likely photo adjusted to minimize visual flaws. Books looked sweet in pictures but in hand over grade by multiples 9.0 were 7.5. Professional hustler who kindly accepts returns.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@poka @JustThatGuy I buy from All_Things_Comics only if it is graded. They trim most of their raw comics before selling them.

They deliver quickly and is as described. I don't see what all the hate is.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I've only bought from all_things_comics once and had no problems.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
A possible improvement to this thread (in my opinion) may be to work on a positive/negative system as I can see some sellers are going to cause debate and it will eventually get lost in a thread that becomes too big.

Firstly, and sadly only you can do it @poka as you started the thread, list all the mentioned sellers onto the initial post (like the comic book cover competitions) then when someone posts a new seller add them to the list.

Secondly, as the last few posts have shown, not everyone has the same bad experience with the seller so its kinda unfair to not take the good with the bad. If we operate on a +1 or -1 scoring system where we 'shame' a seller or defend a seller we will all then be able to have a quick view of the 1st post, see a full list of the sellers that have been discussed and see a general scoring. An example of this would be:

@JustThatGuy - 1st to report all_things_comics and based on his opinion would score them a -1

@KingNampa & @D84 - have then both come back and had good experiences so, with the new system, would have added a +1 to each of their posts.

all_things_comics would obviously then be in positive standing unless anyone else comes along and shares additional bad experiences. We see their score as a +1 in the seller list and can obviously see there has been some issue at some point (by the fact theyre on the list) but that others have received a good experience putting them into the positive

I know the thread is here for us all to read and make our own opinions but lets face facts its gonna grow (this post doesnt help i know but i think is needed) and the information side of things is likely to get lost in the process along with the seller names and we also want it to be a fair process.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@rtdcomics after 24 hours posts can't be edited, so the keeping post 1 updated trick don't work on this forum.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I didnt realise that. I knew they could be edited but presumed that was a constant thing. oh well that throws that out of the window!
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
How about using this same format

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/1610/page/1/cbcs-forum-buyselltrade-feedback-thread/#19
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps if the first post was to be
re-edited with a list of names. Be easier to see who we should avoid. I've been lucky so far. All the books I've bought have come in great shape.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Hulk 181 from "beetlebluecat" or a few years ago off ebay. He had several for sale. Mine was advertised as "NM" with no mention of restoration whatsoever. I was a newb so I didnt ask explicitly but when it came back Restored 8.0 months later from CGC, I tried to get my money back and during the emailing back and forth he stopped responding to me but he had delayed each response enough so by the time I put in a claim the time window had lapsed.

I looked into the sellers purchase history and found that he had been buying multiple Restored Purple label copies of that same book in the same grade (8.0) so I put 2+2 together and came to the conclusion that he was buying restored books, cracking them and flipping them as unrestored.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601333 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?