Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

Stunned @ the conclusion of "The Button" arc2880

Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
This story has been great, all the way to it's shocking end (no pun intended toward Reverse Flash!). I am stoked for the Doomsday Clock storyline & it's further collision for our intrepid heroes on ALL sides!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
No spoilers
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
No spoilers

LOL I was just typing asking for them.

I suppose I should start reading 😁
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DarthLego
Ok mom. I'll make sure not to stay up past my bedtime too. Lol!! 😄
Post 4 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer
You're gonna love it!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drbearsec private msg quote post Address this user
There is a scene where Batman fights the comedian and comedian reveals he is in actuality The Joker's grandson!!!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Drbearsec
Mind....BLOWN!!! 🤘🏻😆🤘🏻
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
@shrewbeer
You're gonna love it!!

Ok just read it 😁 Yes that was awesome. Now I cannot wait for the doomsday clock arc!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer
Here's a follow up to the conclusion...
http://nerdist.com/what-does-doomsday-clock-mean-for-watchmen-and-the-dc-universe/
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
This has we are rebooting everything next year written all over it
Post 10 IP   flag post
Finished it... Didn't really shock me per se... I was kind of expecting something similar. I'm more gonna be curious how these 4 will be tagged on the graded copies going forward.

That being said, this was my favorite cover of the 4 hands down.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Drbearsec
I was curious on the grading situation too. Hot now, cool later? (Insert various jokes here...) 😆
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yeah... Like CBSI has the Lenticulars for Batman 21 and Flash 21 as Hot right now... But Batman Lenticular sold like 150K or so... SO there are a LOT out there...

BUT there was a lot of scuffing and stuff from what i understand so there may not be a lot of 9.8s graded anywhere. CGC census has no 9.9 or 10s yet. Not sure if CBCS has a census but haven't seen a 9.9 or 10 for sale yet either.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
What is the first appearance of Papa Smurf anyways?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbearsec
Yeah... Like CBSI has the Lenticulars for Batman 21 and Flash 21 as Hot right now... But Batman Lenticular sold like 150K or so... SO there are a LOT out there...

BUT there was a lot of scuffing and stuff from what i understand so there may not be a lot of 9.8s graded anywhere. CGC census has no 9.9 or 10s yet. Not sure if CBCS has a census but haven't seen a 9.9 or 10 for sale yet either.

Give it another month and they'll start to show up. A run that big will have plenty of 9.8s and up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@jimmylinguini
I believe it was Fist of Fury or Enter The Dragon. He was a VERY hardcore street fighter from what Wikipedia says...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbogyrater
Quote:

Give it another month and they'll start to show up. A run that big will have plenty of 9.8s and up.

Maybe. That being said there were a lot of reports of scuffing problems on the lenticular for the first three issues in the storyline. I'll be curious if we see a normal expected number in the census or if it is lower than the normal that would
Be in that number of sales. I guess if we start to see 9.9 and 10 then it's not as bad as reported. If we don't see it then..::
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just checked CGC census and there's 89 Batman 21 @ 9.8 - none 9.9 or 10.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait to get all 4 signed by Jason Fabok at FanExpo
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbogyrater
Quote:

Just checked CGC census and there's 89 Batman 21 @ 9.8 - none 9.9 or 10.

I saw that too. A bunch of those (20-30) were from 1 dealer (I know cause I bought one from him). Wonder if they are being lenient on the scuffs for the 9.8 but not upgrading anyone. Will
Be curious as more come into the census. Shocking lack of 9.6 and 9.4 compared to the 9.8... not sure if that is due to dealers who are good at pre-grading.... use of pre-screen services... etc
Post 20 IP   flag post
Did you buy it slabbed or raw?
Post 21 IP   flag post
598073 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?