Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Modern Age

McFarlane, Spawn book, notary seal, auto, &2857

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Todd McFarlane is printing a book with the artwork from the first 7 Spawn issues he created. The printing will be in the actual size that he drew them in. I'm guessing 11 x 17 pages. Looks like he's going to print 1000 of them. All of them will be signed by him. 250 will have a notary seal. 15 will have Spawn original sketches in them. 1 will have a sketch, with the auto, and with the notary seal.

I'd really like on of the sketch books. I wonder if they will be sold randomly or some other way? Also, I wonder what he's gonna charge for them?

Video of him talking about it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Neat! I love the whole Artist Edition concept and own a few already. I'd certainly love a Spawn book to add to my collection

I believe this is it
Post 2 IP   flag post
Amazon Pre-Order

Barnes & Noble Pre-Order
Post 3 IP   flag post
Saw that from your first post. I'm preordering one from B&N. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
DO you think the 0 coupon will be in the book?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Please God Almighty let this be in stock still come payday.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Since Amazon doesn't charge you u til it ships, I went ahead and put in my pre-order with them. I may have to cancel though since con season is leaving my wallet a dried up husk but it releases in July so my wallet should have some reprieve
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Just pulled the trigger on the Amazon pre-order. This will make a nice b'day gift come release time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Oh heck yes!!! Done!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
These were $175 in previews - just lottery to see what you get - mine is already on order!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm...I'm a Spawn fan....

I guess I need to sell some stuff in order to get one of these.

:o)

Wife is gonna dig the selling part,...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Now the question is what do you think the value variance will be between sketch and non-sketch books? I have to imagine it will be significant.

On a separate note, I truly wish this book contained his artwork on ASM and Hulk. It was some fantastic stuff.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just watched the video. Only 15 with sketches. Wow.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Just watched the video. Only 15 with sketches. Wow.

I have a signed and sketch comic done by Todd. I really want a sketch book though.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Aimed at my post, or the thread?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh I'm sorry, not directed at you. I felt the need to post the image because I think the book is neat but overpriced without a guarantee of sketches, and at only 15, man those 15 are gonna fly on ebay for $1000+ maybe even significantly more than that. So this is just reprinting the first few issues of Spawn right? I don't know - I love McFarlane and his style - I love his live videos on Facebook if any of you watch them, he's great. He's so elusive yet transparent on social media. He's definitely something to marvel at. I guess I'm still on the fence with this like the image blindbox launching. You get what I'm saying?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Oh I'm sorry, not directed at you. I felt the need to post the image because I think the book is neat but overpriced without a guarantee of sketches, and at only 15, man those 15 are gonna fly on ebay for $1000+ maybe even significantly more than that. So this is just reprinting the first few issues of Spawn right? I don't know - I love McFarlane and his style - I love his live videos on Facebook if any of you watch them, he's great. He's so elusive yet transparent on social media. He's definitely something to marvel at. I guess I'm still on the fence with this like the image blindbox launching. You get what I'm saying?

Not a reprinting. It is the original sketches that are being reprinted. No color.

Sure, if ya dig it, then ya dig it. If not, then you don't.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke This is basically an Artist Edition. So the original artboards are reproduced at their original size. The boards are scanned in high resolution and full color but the art itself is in black and white so you get more of rhe depth you'd see if you had the actual art boards in hand so you'll see all the little nuances, corrections, notes in the margins, on the art before they got to the colorist or sometimes even the inker. In some cases the difference can be dramatic.

Basically, it's the next best thing to having the original art for yourself
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'm on the fence about this only because I'm not a huge Spawn fan, but a huge Todd M. fan. But on balance, I'll preorder and see what happens.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I agree with jrs
Post 21 IP   flag post
Here's a shot from the Watchmen Artifact Edition compared to the TPB where you can see a note from Gibbons and Moore to someone the page was gifted to

Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Oh duh, I had a brain fart about Amazon not charging. I think I'm gonna sleep on this though and decide if I really want one.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Ordered - Towmater - merci
Post 24 IP   flag post
oh wow you really do see more depth in black and white. i am jealous of that watchmen book. i have a full set 1-12 and all the before watchmen books.

i might actually preorder this spawn book. who knows? maybe I'll be one of the lucky 15
Post 25 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've won out before with these limited sketch inserts or dynamic forces grab bags etc. so I figure why not try again.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I've won out before with these limited sketch inserts or dynamic forces grab bags etc. so I figure why not try again.

At least we won't have to track Todd down for a signature, so that's a plus. But a more important issue is how many of these things will secondary market sellers get Stan Lee to sign?? Just kidding, sorta.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@jrs get it signed by Gaiman and take it back to Todd and see what happens!
Post 28 IP   flag post
i just hope that they are sealed - as otherwise the sketches may not make it past the distributors
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
This looks like a book I would really want. My hesitation is the shipping from Amazon and B&N. I got the Year One hard cover of Zombie Tramp and when it arrived the edges of the book were smashed from sub par packaging from Amazon. I can only imagine paying 175 then getting lucky and getting one of the sketch versions, however it is ruined by Amazon. Tough decision.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598072 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?