CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Holo stickers -do they affect grade?2840

past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I was considering getting some of my old Wizard 1/2's graded but other than maybe having the sticker removed (someone said Hero restoration can do that) I will probably just not bother.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I think if I was facing a situation where a book that is 9.8 is going to be given an 8.5 I'd just as soon put it inside a Comic Skin slab. The 8.5 would cause it to have a lower FMV than it deserves.


My mistake was that I inquired about it after I submitted the book. If I had known prior, I would have never sent it in because I don't think the 8.0 accurately reflects the grade.

Now I have a grading fee, shipping, and a verified signature fee tied up in the book, and I don't agree with the grade that is reflected on the label. Oh well.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I bet CGC has the same policy, but you could probably get a green qualified grade that reflects the actual quality of the book.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yeah - I just thought this would be different than say a bus stop sticker because this is applied by the publisher (albeit to a subset of the production) rather than say a corner store etc slapping a price sticker on like they did in the 60's etc.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
One would think, but then again one might also think flashbacks count as appearances.
Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I bet CGC has the same policy, but you could probably get a green qualified grade that reflects the actual quality of the book.


That's correct. Mark Roman told me that CGC treats the stickers the same as CBCS, but you can get a CGC green label that does reflect the grade as if the sticker is not on the book. I believe the green label says, Qualified Sticker on Cover.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That's probably the only scenario I would leave a book in a CGC slab instead of sending to CBCS for reholder/regrade.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmmm....either $50 bucks to remove and get graded as normal or CGC green label. Might go the green label route - I kind of figure this is the way the books came to me when I ordered them so I'm not super keep on taking off the label. Of course I might just keep them at home too
Post 33 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
$50 for sticker removal? I'm in the wrong business.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If a book is produced with a sticker, it does not count against the grade. If the sticker was attached in the aftermarket to a portion of the print run, to create a "manufactured collectible," it does count against the grade.


I was under the impression that all of the books were originally produced with the sticker. In the case where they were added later to some copies, I would indeed have to agree with Steve's Assessment.

John
Post 35 • IP   flag post
657131 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?