Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgePop Culture

WHATS HOT!?283

Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP

I'm so glad I picked up a few copies of this a couple years ago.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@qube I'm trying to follow the logic. How does introducing the Weapon X Program to non-comic book readers make MCP #72 go up in value?

Because when people read MCP #72 they realize what a good story is, and then they realize how lame X-23 is.

Now if you can figure out a way to get those non-comic book readers to become comic book readers, we will have a winner.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
@qube I'm trying to follow the logic. How does introducing the Weapon X Program to non-comic book readers make MCP #72 go up in value?

Because when people read MCP #72 they realize what a good story is, and then they realize how lame X-23 is.

Now if you can figure out a way to get those non-comic book readers to become comic book readers, we will have a winner.

If the BWS art isn't enough to get them to open the comic, they're a lost cause
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton That's true.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qube
Because introducing the Weapon X program would be a good way to introduce non-comic readers to X-23.

Announcement came two days ago, and prices are already climbing.

9.8's are going for $150 already, I paid $50 for one a month ago

Quote:
I like this book too, but why would bringing X-23 to the big screen make MCP #72 go up in value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qube

I've been buying these up lately. I feel like with X-23 possibly (probably?) coming to the movies soon, and with the need to cast a new Wolverine for the first time in almost 20 years, we may see some heat around this book.

It's been touched on in the movies before, but not extensively. I pick them up cheap on eBay and in $1 bins when I find them.

I recently came across and purchased a few copies and the full run. Perfect timing.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector DONTSLEEP private msg quote post Address this user

NYX 4 9.8 $800+ WTF LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NYX-4-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-2ND-APPEARANCE-OF-X-23-NM-MINT-Wolverine-/191883424015?hash=item2cad24b10f:g:2AUAAOSwa81XSaxx
Post 56 IP   flag post
I HAD A 9.6 UP FOR SALE AT 500 OR BEST OFFER COULDNT GET MORE THN 375 OFFER GLAD I DIDN'T SETTLE ! SENDING THE REST DOWN TO BE GRADED NOW
Post 57 IP   flag post
Now I know the infinity movies are years away, however there are Captain Marvel books starting a steep rise in price. Captain Marvel 17 the origin of Rick Jones

all the copies of this book I have ever come across have a printer error. its a cover crease that has been printed over.

Captain Marvel 25 is an all out war HULK SUB-mariner vs Captain Marvel at least on cover I wont spoil it for ya and its STARLIN's 1st work on the title

Now A lot of people confuse the significance of Captain Marvel its not that Thanos is on the cover; it is because it has the 1st appearence of mistress DEATH! She is the reason Thanos does what he does(killing the whole marvel universe) all to gain her favor!!

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
I gotta work on my timing. I'm always selling wayyyy to soon. If I didn't have bad timing I'd have no timing at all.
Very frustrating, and I've been doing this since the early 80's and still don't have it down yet.
Maybe I'll get better within the next 20 or 30 years, lol.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
I gotta work on my timing. I'm always selling wayyyy to soon.

I know what you mean. I don't sell much, and the last time I did I let one of my two OO NM/NM+ copies of New Mutants 98 go for $125 (not bad at the time, but still), as well as my FF #52. I can't remember for how much, but it was 5 years ago, so figure a LOT less than it goes for now LOL

Luckily I don't have a great deal of "excess" comics taking up space, so I'm just holding on anymore.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I've got an absolutely beautiful run of MCP #72-84 up for sale right now, and it's been a big yawn. No interest, even though they are exceptionally nice copies.

Oh well.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Sold my 1990 Guardians of the Galaxy #1 for .65 cents with a box of other comics that I thought were worthless. It was a slick NM copy too. I bought it off a twirly rack when it came out new. It never seemed to appreciate in value, so I thought it was basically worthless.

A few years later the movie was announced and released and the #1 shot up to about $25-$30. Not a huge loss, but still irksome. 😕
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector rayne5446 private msg quote post Address this user
Katana books are blazing at the moment. They will very likely take a dip after Suicide Squad comes and goes, but a set of Katana 1 and 2 1:50 just sold for 275. Before that, there was a sale of 100 and multiple sales of 50. People are salivating over the 500 print run.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP

NYX 4 9.8 $800+ WTF LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NYX-4-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-2ND-APPEARANCE-OF-X-23-NM-MINT-Wolverine-/191883424015?hash=item2cad24b10f:g:2AUAAOSwa81XSaxx

Recent realized prices were in the $450 range for graded. It is not uncommon to see people trying to push prices up. I think $800 is unrealistic considering the average price for #3 in 9.8 is $850, but people are free to try any price they like.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Walking Dead #108 is super hot now that the Season 7 trailer has premiered. I seen a VF+ copy at my local comic shop asking $100 for it. Way overpriced right now...but I could see it in the near future.

I sold an extra NM copy I had 3 weeks ago for $45.00, glad I purchased 2 copies back when it came out. I'd like to come across another couple dozen in a back issue bin.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne5446
Katana books are blazing at the moment. They will very likely take a dip after Suicide Squad comes and goes, but a set of Katana 1 and 2 1:50 just sold for 275. Before that, there was a sale of 100 and multiple sales of 50. People are salivating over the 500 print run.

Would they be upset if they discovered that there are more than 500 copies out there?

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/809/page/2/cbcs-graded-finch-variant-ww381100/

Not starting anything, just a call back to yesterday
Post 66 IP   flag post
Bought 20 copies of BM I'm Never Coming Home#1 erg cover and sat on it for what seemed to be for-ev-er +a day. It finally hit $12-15 bucks and their I go again.
"Pre-Mature comic book sales Ejection".
Man!! There's gotta be a doctor I could see about a cure for this because it's happening way to often!Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
I gotta work on my timing. I'm always selling wayyyy to soon.

I know what you mean. I don't sell much, and the last time I did I let one of my two OO NM/NM+ copies of New Mutants 98 go for $125 (not bad at the time, but still), as well as my FF #52. I can't remember for how much, but it was 5 years ago, so figure a LOT less than it goes for now LOL

Luckily I don't have a great deal of "excess" comics taking up space, so I'm just holding on anymore.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Sold everyone of those except one. I hear it's worth 50 bucks.
"Story of my life".
Post 68 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Keep any and all death of Superman storyline comic books trust me trust me trust me
Post 69 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@captnwilli if you got 20 copies of anything unload those copies over a period of time once you decide it's time, that way you can ride the coaster as it goes up the hill, instead of unloading them all at the starting gate and missing the ride.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Keep any and all death of Superman storyline comic books trust me trust me trust me

Not sure if you're being serious right now or just being funny.
Post 71 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes?
Post 72 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Yes to which one? Lol
And you phrased your answer as a question, this isn't Jeopardy.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@captnwilli if you got 20 copies of anything unload those copies over a period of time once you decide it's time, that way you can ride the coaster as it goes up the hill, instead of unloading them all at the starting gate and missing the ride.

As Han said, "Well, that the real trick, isn't it?"

I have 10 MCP #72's, 20 X-Force #1's, 8 X-Force #2's, 20 New Mutant #100's, and probably 7 copies of the first 15 McSpider-Mans issues. All OO.
And I'll probably still have them the day I die LOL. But that's okay. Who knows what any of these may go for when my grandkids are adults. Hopefully the hobby won't have crashed, and STAYED crashed, by then.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes?

I was expecting, "maaaaaaybeeeeee" lol
Post 75 IP   flag post
Maaaayyyybbbeeeeee
Post 76 IP   flag post
Get Batman TMNT for sure
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Get Batman TMNT for sure

Why what have you heard? I got all the regular covers 1-6, and the Dell'Otto #1 variant.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Its hot. that's what's I've seen.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Why what have you heard? I got all the regular covers 1-6, and the Dell'Otto #1 variant.

I almost forgot, I also have the Artgerm #1.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600778 115 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?