Collector DONTSLEEP private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

her actual 1st app as pardigon
Post 28 IP   flag post
they are going cheap!! she is rumored to have app in next Guardians of the Galaxy a ramp up to the infinity war movies
Post 29 IP   flag post
here is another HOT BOOK
Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Here is something that puzzles me about a cameo. I feel Incredible Hulk #180 has the splash page of Wolverine at the end of the story is the true meaning of a cameo first appearance. I would like to compare this to X-Factor #5 which is considered the cameo first app. of Apocalypse. He is in 5 pages and speaks about 130 words. I feel this should be a true first app. I feel this is a better investment than #6. Does anyone have an opinion about this? I might be off of the 5 pages. I have not read it in awhile.
Another cheap investment book could be Punisher #4 from the 1987 ongoing series. It is the first app. of Microchip. He is the Punishers tech guy like Q for James Bond.

I think the word "appearance" is often times taken too literally, meaning a full visual shot of the character being needed.
For me, an original story that makes everyone aware of a never before seen character, but in reference only, is more of a "first mention", but if it includes even one panel that shows their likeness, it should be considered the 1st app. When a label states either "cameo" or "full appearance", I'm not at all bothered. For anyone new to comics, this is information.
That said, 1st appearance shouldn't, and doesn't automatically mean more valuable. Even though 180 is gaining a larger "fan base" (probably because it's more affordable), the Market has decided that 181 is the more desirable; Wolverine is on the cover, he's part of the whole story, and we can see what he can do.
Applying the Hulk 180-181 scenario to X-Factor 5 & 6, five and one eighty kind of trade off. There is more dialogue and panels in 5, but not much in the way of likeness, whereas 180 we get a full shot, but not much text/dialogue. 6 & 181 gives us everything.
Then there's Jimmy Olsen #134 and Forever People #1, with only a 3 month gap between issues. Right now 9.8 examples of both are separated by $5,000 (in favor of J.O. 134).
Bottom line- The Market will always decide which comic is more valuable.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
J.O # 134 = worst cameo evah.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
J.O # 134 = worst cameo evah.

Yeah, not a whole lot of fanfare for someone like Darseid.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
It's been a long time since I read X-Factor #5. The best I can remember is seeing Apocalypse in shadow on the last page. I honestly don't remember him appearing more than once in that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Here is something that puzzles me about a cameo. I feel Incredible Hulk #180 has the splash page of Wolverine at the end of the story is the true meaning of a cameo first appearance. I would like to compare this to X-Factor #5 which is considered the cameo first app. of Apocalypse. He is in 5 pages and speaks about 130 words. I feel this should be a true first app. I feel this is a better investment than #6. Does anyone have an opinion about this? I might be off of the 5 pages. I have not read it in awhile.
Another cheap investment book could be Punisher #4 from the 1987 ongoing series. It is the first app. of Microchip. He is the Punishers tech guy like Q for James Bond.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP

her actual 1st app as pardigon

Glad I looked on page 1- I was going to post this one.
9.6/9.8s have had strong bumps recently in GPA.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Quicksilver private msg quote post Address this user
That Superman Ali book is scorching for obvious reasons, killer artwork doesn't hurt either. I have a high grade Whitman variant of this one, def a keeper! My second favorite treasury next to Supes vs Spidey
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Because introducing the Weapon X program would be a good way to introduce non-comic readers to X-23.

Announcement came two days ago, and prices are already climbing.

9.8's are going for $150 already, I paid $50 for one a month ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I like this book too, but why would bringing X-23 to the big screen make MCP #72 go up in value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qube

I've been buying these up lately. I feel like with X-23 possibly (probably?) coming to the movies soon, and with the need to cast a new Wolverine for the first time in almost 20 years, we may see some heat around this book.

It's been touched on in the movies before, but not extensively. I pick them up cheap on eBay and in $1 bins when I find them.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
WOW, I couldn't GIVE these things away last year!
Post 42 IP   flag post
@qube I'm trying to follow the logic. How does introducing the Weapon X Program to non-comic book readers make MCP #72 go up in value?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
And how can anyone say that this is "rare" ? Plus state "Lots more for sale" ?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
And how can anyone say that this is "rare" ? Plus state "Lots more for sale" ?

Because: money.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
This just in:

FIRE is HOT!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I'll bet you were just burning to say that.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector HOLDTHEDOOR private msg quote post Address this user

Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector HOLDTHEDOOR private msg quote post Address this user

Also the color
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
@qube I'm trying to follow the logic. How does introducing the Weapon X Program to non-comic book readers make MCP #72 go up in value?

Because when people read MCP #72 they realize what a good story is, and then they realize how lame X-23 is.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP

I'm so glad I picked up a few copies of this a couple years ago.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Because when people read MCP #72 they realize what a good story is, and then they realize how lame X-23 is.

Now if you can figure out a way to get those non-comic book readers to become comic book readers, we will have a winner.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now if you can figure out a way to get those non-comic book readers to become comic book readers, we will have a winner.

If the BWS art isn't enough to get them to open the comic, they're a lost cause
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton That's true.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Because introducing the Weapon X program would be a good way to introduce non-comic readers to X-23.

Announcement came two days ago, and prices are already climbing.

9.8's are going for $150 already, I paid $50 for one a month ago

Quote:
I like this book too, but why would bringing X-23 to the big screen make MCP #72 go up in value?

Quote:

I've been buying these up lately. I feel like with X-23 possibly (probably?) coming to the movies soon, and with the need to cast a new Wolverine for the first time in almost 20 years, we may see some heat around this book.

It's been touched on in the movies before, but not extensively. I pick them up cheap on eBay and in $1 bins when I find them.

I recently came across and purchased a few copies and the full run. Perfect timing.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601311 115 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?