Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Help & Advice - George Perez2826

Collector OpiePride private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to see if I could get a little help identifying a signature and advice on grading a book. I picked up a copy of Avengers 144 with an unknown signature. I really like this issue, it wasn't in the best shape, but I liked the idea of solving the mystery. I believe I solved it, and the sig is George Perez, but I would like more opinions.
Another thing is it's not in the greatest shape, so I'v been debating if I should get it verified, and graded? I would appreciate any feedback on this too. I'm thinking of getting it pressed, verified, and graded would be worthwhile, but I'm not sure, and I've done all that.
My best thinking got me in my worst trouble so I would like to hear what anybody else thinks.
I feel you guys are the real pros! I've been collecting comics for fun all my life, but just recently sent my first three books in to be graded (nothing spectacular), but I should get them back early next week.
I've posted plenty of pictures so you can have a decent take on the book, hope nobody minds... Thanks so much

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If mine I'd do exactly that, pressed and VSP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Yes that is George Perez's signature. If you get it pressed it will be 8.0-9.2. Depending on how good of a pressing you get for it.

The cost to press, verify the sig and grade will be more than the book is worth. Up to you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user

Just like KingNampa said its a George PĂ©rez sig, and I would agree with his statement in it would cost more than what the book may be worth, but if it does hold sentimental value then that is a decision that you have to make if you wanted it graded and go through the whole process. But I am never going to say no to that either. I have books that are in bad shape that I still have from when I was younger that are in bad shape I may want to have them slabbed one day just to show my kids the books I read as a kid, but get another copy for them to read also. But thats me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@OpiePride I have a book signed by Rick Parker, the artist for Beavis & Butthead. Mr. Parker sent it to me as a gift for purchasing some of his original art. The book has color breaks, a crease on the back cover and a few other flaws. I ended up having the signature verified, pressed and graded. I think it was closed to $100 from start to finish. The book is maybe worth .99 cents ... But I love it. Not only do I have fond memories of Beavis & Butthead, it was signed and a gift. Every time I look at that book I smile. I have never thought, "Good Lord I spent how much on this thing?" So if your book brings you joy and there is an attachment and you can afford it, I say go for it. I'm really glad that I sent mine in.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@mattness speaking about Bevis & Butthead, I just watched the movie Airheads and they called into the radio station and told them that they sucked was clasic Bevis & Butthead. Those guys brought some good ol laughter in my younger days.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@OpiePride, do it! Very cool cover, nice signature, and not the worst condition.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@DertyComix LOL I have some Bootleg DVD's of the whole B&B run. I watch them quite regularly. They crack me up every-time. Huhuhuhu
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I have to look at one more, lazy-ass, George Perez sketch of Infinity Gauntlet I'm gonna throw up.

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa I don't always like gauntlets, but when I do, it's the Gauntlet of Omens.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector OpiePride private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I'm totally grateful and appreciate everybody's advice and suggestions. I suspected it was more of sentimental decision for me. I like the book, and feel like although small it was one of those special finds....But I'm still on the fence.. We will see I'll give it some time.
Thank for all the help!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
If I have to look at one more, lazy-ass, George Perez sketch of Infinity Gauntlet I'm gonna throw up.

Stan Lee should sign those.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@OrbitCityComics

Post 13 IP   flag post
598059 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?