Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Dc universe rebirth?2815

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Big billi Bobs used bookstore just put out a few hundred dc universe rebirth, bagged and boarded nm appear not read. Multiple characters flash bat supe green lantern etc. $2 a pop speculative worthy????
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Grab any number 1s for sure. If you see any of the Batman/Flash "Button" crossover issues grab those. If you see an All Star Batman #10, grab it. If you see any cover you just like, grab it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Grab any number 1s for sure. If you see any of the Batman/Flash "Button" crossover issues grab those. If you see an All Star Batman #10, grab it. If you see any cover you just like, grab it.

For sure! the bat/flash event was awesome! $2 a pop is worth it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
The real question is will any of these books be worth something later. It's a toss up if this is the same universe
started in 1986, or a new parallel one.
The "camera" shifted here with start and end of Flashpoint.
Pandora seemed to make an impact, but it turned out she
wasn't as powerful as she thought she was. And she was concerned about someone in the wings.
That person could be a new version of Time Trapper??
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
I would grab them but don't wait too long for the next DC reboot IMHO
Post 5 IP   flag post
DC isn't rebooting anytime soon, they have a long term plan laid out. #trustme
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I thought their long term plan WAS another reboot!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't bought DC since count down. Well new DC - only getting the old stuff, picked up a sweet Detective 373 (first Mr Freeze called Mr Freeze)
Post 8 IP   flag post
They will probably do it right before Detective and Action reach 1000 and then go to new numbering again and then decide after a year or so to go to the original number, depriving us of those 1000 issues
Post 9 IP   flag post
No, DC is eagerly awaiting those #1000s, they made a big to do about getting there when they announced returning those two titles to legacy numbers.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had limited time and I broke my own rule and didn't make a quick check of all the racks before starting the pick. I started at one end and worked my way to the other and had already snapped up around 30 comic books. When I did find the gold pile it was pretty much time for me to go pick up my brother for an eye doctor appointment. There were a handful of #1s and yep I threw them in my cart with no hesitation. I did find an All Star Batman but the one I grabbed was the #1 issue. I did see a #10 issue but I don't remember if it was the Batman. I do remember feeling like I should have thrown it in the cart. At the very least I should have grabbed all the Bat/Supe issues. It wouldn't have been that great a hit on the pocketbook and they looked stellar. I'm planning on running by there again tomorrow (uh, later today I guess) and seeing if they survived overnight. Other than the Rebirth titles I did extremely well. Found some great artwork, NM condition, and solid value. We'll see what the day brings in a few hours. Thanks a LOT for the replies guys!!!!😎
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
No, DC is eagerly awaiting those #1000s, they made a big to do about getting there when they announced returning those two titles to legacy numbers.
lol very true. Care to wager how many variants they will have for each? lol I hate to think how many they will have
Post 12 IP   flag post
@bennyb86 hopefully less than the Batman #1 variants, I still haven't gotten them all yet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well since it's 2 in the morning and I'm bored out of my goard, I'll update very late this story. Went back the next day and sure enough 3/4s of the comic books had been snapped away. They did leave a small handful of Bat/Supe but mostly Flash, Green lantern, and a few other strays were stranded. I ended up with around 60 comics between the two days. I'll post a few pics of some of the kool covers.

Here's the #1s I snagged day one. Turns out I ended up with 2 of the All Star Batman:

Post 14 IP   flag post
Some more #1s:

Post 15 IP   flag post
Love the Punisher #75 stellar look, the Batman/batgirl/harley will eventually find its way back to the dollar bin, the Flash #10 was available day 1 and I'm surprised I didn't snap it up right then, the Batman annual graphic novel is in great shape and appears to have some killer kool old stories goes on my reader pile:

Post 16 IP   flag post
There were 4 of the very common Spidey #1s in top O the line shape so I grabbed them all. I already have multiples of that issue in the many varied colors including a few of kaptainmyke newsstands. Got excited when I saw the bat/scarecrow issue, nope it wasn't "the one". Spidey 2099 is most likely a common first one I've seen, and the Spidey #252 had a familiar look to it so I tossed it in my bucket.

Post 17 IP   flag post
I collect comic books with gambling, coins, or cash themes thus the Batman, was surprised to see the two oldie goldies (day one) not much of a western collector but this one is awesome shape, I like reading old war comics so the battered, bruised, beaten one goes on my reader pile.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Odds and ends kool cover art.

Post 19 IP   flag post
More oddballs. The Glass War might be an underground comic not sure, and I like humorous comics that don't take themselves too seriously thus the Holistic Detective choice

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone missed it, The Button story continues in a few months with Superman.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Finally a reason for me to buy Superman, I hope they keep Fabok on the button covers.
Post 22 IP   flag post
597935 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?