Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Graded

displaying comics & slabs2810

Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure how long these have been around but I just came across them in an email from amazon. they look pretty sweet.... albeit the price. They're adjustable to fit ungraded & graded books & can be displayed on a table or on a wall. Seems like a good & pretty attractive way to display your slabs. anyone seen these or have any?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GP1HJQG/ref=pe_2565280_237967360_em_1p_5_ti
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MightyMutt private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't seen them before. They are nice but I think they lack any kind of unique quality.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I hang mine, but these look better actually. I like how they offset from the wall!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased two of them to give them a try. Works well either free standing or hung. simple to use/hang.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DLAComics private msg quote post Address this user
I cant get them to hang righf or stay tight. Im not liking them or the price for 1. They feel like they cost 50 cents to make. Price point should be lower. MHO.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
I grabbed two to try as well. I agree they are ok, but for the price I would probably just buy a frame or a dollar store stand.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't like a lot of the displays I've seen people use. they just look ugly & tacky. I'd rather have something that fits well with my art hanging on the walls & as an artist, look more like a "gallery". these have a really nice look to therefrom the pictures so I was a bit curious how they are. they're pretty expensive but I have so many anyways I'd more or less have to alternate regardless so I would probably only purchase a few anyways, if the reviews were decent.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
I have some of these and they work good. I like the way they don't take away from the slab like a frame would do. They are pretty simple to use and can work as a wall mount or stand. The plastic is pretty thin and I was a little sceptic at first that they were not going to hold the book. However they seem to work. Here are a few that I have hanging...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DLAComics private msg quote post Address this user
I agree they do look good and dont take away from the slab as a frame would a little but I just fou d it hard to get them on tight enough to feel safe hanging one
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I like them a lot. I use them for the free standing display. However, I could never get them to hang properly on the wall. Not securely enough to hold my rarer books, anyway.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Try some J channels from the hardware store.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Our house is 100 years old so the walls are horsehair/lathe so everything on the walls needs anchors...don't know if this made a difference or not.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

This works great! Here's my set up, only cost me $10! I bought 2 and cut them in half.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
On a CBCS slab, the top clip spans the length of the slab (horizontal). It separates easily, and the head of a small finish nail fits in there well. Very simple, clean, and cheap.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SavageFinale private msg quote post Address this user
I use j channel/closet organizer for my slabs.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAComics
I agree they do look good and dont take away from the slab as a frame would a little but I just fou d it hard to get them on tight enough to feel safe hanging one

To get them on tight, I usually measure it with the slab and then shorten the hight an extra half inch or so. The plastic has enough give that the slab will still slide in but it will hold firm.

My main issue with them is that there's just one point of contact with the wall so they have a tendancy to shift slightly and become uneven if bumped. Not a dealbreaker, for me at least

Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I would never hang a slab on a wall. #sorrynotsorry
Post 17 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke that's because your walls are already covered with signed movie posters.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:

This works great! Here's my set up, only cost me $10! I bought 2 and cut them in half.

I think you just helped me find another cool looking display for low dollar.....good deal!
Post 19 IP   flag post
...definitely will not allow puppies to get their teeth into them.....*smiles*....
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@kaptainmyke that's because your walls are already covered with signed movie posters.

Dood. If you only truly knew!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I would never hang a slab on a wall. #sorrynotsorry

Yeah but like I said... they're pretty ugly & tacky looking & just make everything look cheep.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I also collect Max Headroom posters. Anyone remember the comic book? It never happened. They marketed a ton on comic shop store posters and poof nothing after Coke happened.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAComics

To get them on tight, I usually measure it with the slab and then shorten the hight an extra half inch or so. The plastic has enough give that the slab will still slide in but it will hold firm.

My main issue with them is that there's just one point of contact with the wall so they have a tendancy to shift slightly and become uneven if bumped. Not a dealbreaker, for me at least

Looks good "die".....I like how you made the small wall space seem so much bigger.

Man, I love displaying comics and anything pop culture. It just makes me feel like a kid in a toy store....everyday!

:o)
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:

One thing you'll definitely want to do is put a piece of scrap wood as long as the J channel in and mount that flush against the wall if you don't your comics for fly off the wall because there isn't enough inclined to keep them waiting back adding the word gives it that small incline from the bottom so the comics don't fall forward you can do this with scrap wood I found some really cheap nice looking Wood that fits J channel and perfect at Home Depot they have a section of clearance wood because it maybe warped or cracked and you can get it for pennies on the dollar
Post 25 IP   flag post
Another cool idea 💡

Post 26 IP   flag post
598059 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?