Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden Age

Checking grading progress2785

Collector Kranzor private msg quote post Address this user
Odd question...Is it possible to check the status of an in progress grading if I wasnt the one who sent it to be graded?
I can go into the whole story if needed, but it boils down to i think a seller is lying to me about having a book graded since it has been 4+ months now and he claims cbcs still hasnt sent the book back from grading yet.
Im pretty sure the turnaround time is around 6 weeks, not 4-5 months.
Im guessing the answer is no, but want to make sure that i cant check if it was ever really sent in for grading. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately no. We do not disclose account info for a third party.

Unless the order was submitted for pressing, there is very little chance that it has been with us for that long.

I wish I could help more, but that's really all I can do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector burntboy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranzor
Odd question...Is it possible to check the status of an in progress grading if I wasnt the one who sent it to be graded?
I can go into the whole story if needed, but it boils down to i think a seller is lying to me about having a book graded since it has been 4+ months now and he claims cbcs still hasnt sent the book back from grading yet.
Im pretty sure the turnaround time is around 6 weeks, not 4-5 months.
Im guessing the answer is no, but want to make sure that i cant check if it was ever really sent in for grading. Thanks!

Yikes - that sux...hope you're not out any cash.

Good Luck
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info. I bought an original captain america 2 from this guy on eBay for a great price and simply asked if it was attached at both staples. He cancelled the sale and said it wasnt attached. I told him i still wanted to buy (since he listed it way lower than value) and he then said well I sent it to cbcs for grading and will sell it to you when it gets back.
I'm certain he's lying and probably sold it elsewhere when he realized his slip up on the price. But as of two days ago he's still keeping the lie going saying cbcs still has it and he'll sell it to me when he gets it back.
Luckily I'm not out any money, but this guy is really pissing me off with his terrible sales tactics so I was just curious if I could catch him in his lie.
Oh well, sounds like not much I can do at this point.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Kranzor if he sent it to CBCS then why was it on eBay as raw while not in his possession? And why would he send it straight to CBCS immediately after ending the auction? Nothing there holds any water. I think you are right in your assessment that he realized he had priced to low, now he wants to (or did already) sell it for more.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yep all valid questions. Nothing about his story makes any sense so I want to catch him in his lies! ☺
Post 6 IP   flag post
My advice is to just move on and be glad you didn't lose money.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If he would have just sold, cancelled and came up with the cbcs story in January and left it at that then I'd just let it go. But he keeps messaging saying he's waiting on cbcs to send it back to him every month.
Very odd situation, I don't get it either. I honestly have no clue what his motivation is at this point.
It reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where George lies that he has a house in the hamptons and keeps the lie going despite the fact that the other party clearly knows he's lying.
But yeah, I probably need to let it go 😐
Post 8 IP   flag post
Like Steve said, the only way it has been at CBCS for 4 months is if it had been submitted for pressing, that would more than double the wait.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks again for the info! I think I need to let this vendetta go
Post 10 IP   flag post
600700 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?