Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Another Rick and Morty #1 Spine Wear Edition2776

Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

Still on the hunt for a NM+ copy of Rick and Morty #1 that I would like to eventually get signed by Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland before getting graded. I think my last post is still the closest to perfect that I've found for a decent price. I recently picked this copy up for $25 shipped but it has a lot of spine wear and the corners are "meh". We always talk about spine ticks and color breaking dents/folds but I have a few comics that appear to be perfect from the front but have this wear along the spine edge as seen in these pictures. What causes this kind of wear and how does it affect a comics grade? As always, I appreciate your advice!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been looking all over and only see these go for over 100!!! 25 is a killer price!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyfresh77
I have been looking all over and only see these go for over 100!!! 25 is a killer price!!!

Yeah, definitely harder to come by at a good price. I got really lucky with this one from an online store, they realized their mistake when I said I wanted all of them and would only sell me one copy at that price and the others increased to $150 (which is why I think I got the roughest copy of the bunch). The first one I got was from an ebay auction for a little over $80 but seeing the prices now makes me happy I bought when I did.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
We always talk about spine ticks and color breaking dents/folds but I have a few comics that appear to be perfect from the front but have this wear along the spine edge as seen in these pictures. What causes this kind of wear and how does it affect a comics grade?

Bump, hoping someone can enlighten me on spine wear. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I wasn't three hours late on this.

It went on sale four weeks ago and sold out in a few minutes.

I really do wonder what the condition of these books were.

https://asseenonadultswim.com/collections/adult-swim-shop/products/rick-and-morty-comic-book
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
I wish I wasn't three hours late on this.

It went on sale four weeks ago and sold out in a few minutes.

I really do wonder what the condition of these books were.

https://asseenonadultswim.com/collections/adult-swim-shop/products/rick-and-morty-comic-book

Oh they edited that listing since the last time I pulled it up.

They were $2.50. Each.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Man i wished I got in on that.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
That copy is trashed. I will give you $26.00 so you make some profit. :-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a copy of issue 1 they would like to sell to KaptainMyke?
Post 9 IP   flag post
who here watches Rick and Morty the cartoon on adult swim?

So far my favorite was EP4 M. Night Shaym-Aliens where they were in a simulation of a simulation inside a simulation that was one big giant simulation. The last 5 seconds of that episode had me laughing hysterically like a hyena for the next 10 minutes
Post 10 IP   flag post
I have two copies of #1 currently, not sure if I want to part with either of them yet. Holding out hope I can get them signed and graded eventually. Rick and Morty is amazing, I don't think I've enjoyed a show this much in years. I'd say my favorite episode thus far has been Season 2 Ep 6 "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" where they go into the microverse that Rick created and flipping the inhabitants the bird means "Peace among worlds" to them hahaha. So fantastic.
Post 11 IP   flag post
On another note, how does this kind of spine wear affect a CBCS grade?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Season 2 Ep 6 "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" where they go into the microverse that Rick created and flipping the inhabitants the bird means "Peace among worlds" to them hahaha. So fantastic.

A microverse inside a microverse inside a microverse. That spaceship car and the sister was hilarious! I finally watched this episode today at lunch. The bird flipping is funny too! haha

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Season 2 Ep 6 "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" where they go into the microverse that Rick created and flipping the inhabitants the bird means "Peace among worlds" to them hahaha. So fantastic.

A microverse inside a microverse inside a microverse. That spaceship car and the sister was hilarious! I finally watched this episode today at lunch. The bird flipping is funny too! haha

Such a good episode, can't wait for Season 3!
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
My friend just bought a copy for him and a copy for me!

It's a variant too! I haven't found much on this one!

Click on this Kaptainmyke
Post 16 IP   flag post
Nah man, go big or go home

Rick and Morty #1 super duper rare of all rares times infinity

Last one to sell on ebay auctioned off for $1025. Ridiculous.
Post 17 IP   flag post
That's the one I want. I been searching for the coveted Roland variant for some time now. I wouldn't pay over $250 tho that guy is whack

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks for that awesome vid 👍🏻🤓
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

I offered him $400 but he said one sold for $1500 so he's dead set on the price now
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I offered him $400 but he said one sold for $1500 so he's dead set on the price now

At least you tried You going to just pick up one of the standard covers then? At least those prices seem to be slowly coming back to earth but I imagine once Season 3 kicks off it's going to skyrocket again
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post
Daylight Curfew released the spring R&M collection Friday. Most sold out fast but there's still some left, you can use code HOLLERYO to save 10% for about another hour or so.

https://www.daylightcurfew.com/collections/rick-and-morty-x-daylight-curfew

There's someone on eBay selling the gold foil shirts for $350 right now.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Disqualified!

Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At least you tried You going to just pick up one of the standard covers then? At least those prices seem to be slowly coming back to earth but I imagine once Season 3 kicks off it's going to skyrocket again

I have a full set of 1-26 issue 1 is a 3rd or 4th print i believe but I am one of the true believers lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
I've had my eye on the #16 Last of Us variant cover for a while, only ones on eBay are extremely expensive though.

Looking forward to Fanexpo Canada so I can get some Justin Roiland yellow labels.

The season 1 DVD set came with a printed version of "The Good Morty" pamphlet from Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind that I'm also going to get signed. Wonder if CBCS would slab it?

Post 27 IP   flag post
Yes! That's super cool
Post 28 IP   flag post
http://www.thegoodmorty.com

Rule #7 is something I tell my nephews every time is see them.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I finally am caught up with Seasons 1 and Season 2. I do not like the finale. Not happy. ARG!

WHY RICK WHY?!?!?!

BTW if you look up Rick in the galactic federation database he's not found

Post 30 IP   flag post
601366 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?