Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Least Favorite/Most Hated Character(s)2772

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Robin. Superboy. Superwoman.

In general, I dislike sidekicks and secondary spin-offs (ie superman to supergirl, add a spinoff to the secondary and get superwoman).

Agreed on the GL as well, too many!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Here, here! Characters who are now gay, trans or a different race. I have no problem with that but why change icons for political correctness? Create new characters for that and expand the universe to keep up with the times.

I agree it's just lazy *cough* Marvel*cough*
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Mr. Fantastic. For that matter the entire Fantastic Four. I've never understood why they are beloved. The team is made up of a cocky flame guy, a rock guy who is always unhappy, an invisible woman, and a smart plastic man. Oh, and they drive around in a hovercraft. The concept sounds like a bad Image team from the 1990's.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater never really got the fantastic four either. I think they're something you kinda had to be there for when they first came out. It never surprised me that their movies flopped. It's kinda corny source material. Maybe I haven't read enough of the books though. Could change my opinion.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35 Their movies failing never surprised me either. Just like it didn't surprise me that the book got cancelled. The team, the concept, and what they do are outdated. They never progressed out of the "Oh, shucks, leave it to beaver" early 1960'd era they were created in.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson
Moving on... (SMH.)

So I also hate Betty Boop. Am I allowed to hate her? Is that hurting anyone's feelings? Any Betty Boop fans here? Anyone?
Anyone? Bueller? Speak-up guys!

I dont' mind her at all!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector burntboy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@Themaxx35 Their movies failing never surprised me either. Just like it didn't surprise me that the book got cancelled. The team, the concept, and what they do are outdated. They never progressed out of the "Oh, shucks, leave it to beaver" early 1960'd era they were created in.

This is pure sacrilege, I tell ya...

The early FF's were Marvel History.

I can speak with firsthand knowledge as I purchased the first 30 issues or so off the rack in Orange NJ.

Issue 2 introduced the Skrulls.

Issue 4 reintroduced the original submariner. Unlike DC, Marvel would not reinvent their old characters for the most part.

Issue 5 Intoduced Dr Doom.

Issue 6 saw Subby and Doom pair up.

Issue 12 they ran into the Hulk. 1st Marvel crossover

Issue 13 introduced the Watcher.

Issue 21 had Sgt Fury crossover.

Issues 25 and 26 had the Hulk v Thing battles and the Avengers crossover.

Issue 28 saw the X-Men crossover.

Issue 45 introduced the Inhumans.

Issues 48-50 produced one of the singular landmark story archs in Marvel history with the Intro of Galactus and Silver Surfer.

issues 52 and 53 introduce the Black Panther.

Issues 66 and 67 intro HIM (Warlock).

So much Marvel History wrapped up in 6 years...

All brought to you by Lee and Kirby - what's not to love??
Post 32 IP   flag post
@burntboy Per the moderation I am being respectful of what others like in what I wrote. Needless to say, we differ on the Fantastic Four. You like them, and their history. I don't and other than what I wrote before won't expand on the why's. I could but won't. Believe me when I state that I could.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
@burntboy Per the moderation I am being respectful of what others like in what I wrote. Needless to say, we differ on the Fantastic Four. You like them, and their history. I don't and other than what I wrote before won't expand on the why's. I could but won't. Believe me when I state that I could.

Don't get Me wrong - I completely respect you're position, but felt compelled to defend the FF...

I believe that the Mod's are NOT trying to dissuade civil discourse.
Post 34 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntboy
Quote:

Don't get Me wrong - I completely respect you're position, but felt compelled to defend the FF...

To clarify a previous post, disagreeing and discussing things is what is supposed to happen. That situation was a singular event that involved limited individuals and was more directed at the "baiting" aspect of the posts. Feel free to disagree and make your points. Just don't attack each other. Saying you hate FF is one thing. Saying you hate a forum member for liking FF is NOT allowed. As long as there are no personal attacks, it's all good.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

I'll take a pass. He likes the Fantastic Four and I don't. It can only lead to a train wreck to go beyond that observation.
Post 36 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Quote:

To clarify a previous post, disagreeing and discussing things is what is supposed to happen. That situation was a singular event that involved limited individuals and was more directed at the "baiting" aspect of the posts. Feel free to disagree and make your points. Just don't attack each other. Saying you hate FF is one thing. Saying you hate a forum member for liking FF is NOT allowed. As long as there are no personal attacks, it's all good.

I hate Anthony Hopkins. I hate Odin. I hate Anthony Hopkins as Odin.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You like the Fantastic Four. I'm shocked. Did you buy your copies from Sid's Luncheonette?

My first Comic Book was FF 186. I still love it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a fan of Superman. He strikes me as the guy who can do anything and the only way he is stopped is if you have a tiny, green rock.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I hate Darth Vader, because he forces me to share my love between him and Batman, and that's just not fair to Batman.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Daredevil.

Since the thread has turned into a defend the comic character that you like that another dislikes...

I like Daredevil. He's my favorite character. Has something to do with finding the Miller run around issue 176. What a magical time in my life and for that book. Stick, Stone, Claw, Elektra, Stone, Bullseye, Kingpin, the Hand, and Matt's in the middle of it all.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Daredevil.

Since the thread has turned into a defend the comic character that you like that another dislikes...

I like Daredevil. He's my favorite character. Has something to do with finding the Miller run around issue 176. What a magical time in my life and for that book. Stick, Stone, Claw, Elektra, Stone, Bullseye, Kingpin, the Hand, and Matt's in the middle of it all.

Batman rip off without the gadgets... or money.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You like the Fantastic Four. I'm shocked. Did you buy your copies from Sid's Luncheonette?

Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, all of My original group of books (1957-1965) was primarily purchased at Sid's Luncheonette in Orange, NJ.

The FF began the Marvel resurgence and subsequent dominance
in the 1960's. Just felt I had to stick up for them. Not telling anyone they have to like them...
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BTW, I'd love your opinion on My grading question re; missing artwork vs restored artwork...
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Daredevil.

You must really hate the Green Arrow then. The Arrow cave, Speedy, and the Arrow car.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Already been mentioned but Bat mite sucks enough to get mentioned again.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Lobo, Bat-Mite, Mr.Myxlplyx, Punisher, Batman, Deadpool.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Daredevil.

You must really hate the Green Arrow then. The Arrow cave, Speedy, and the Arrow car.

He's okay. He has a beard.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I gotta go with Purple Man. If you read Alias you would know what a total dickhead this guy is. He makes Cersie Lannister seem nice by comparison.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Is it the rip-off part or something else? I ask as Batman is a shameless rip-off of Zorro. Hard to ignore that both are rich guys who fights crime at night. Both hide their crime fighting tools in the cave under their mansion. Both have a loyal servant. Oh, and Bruce was watching what movie with his parents the night they were killed?

(Bats is a modern update of Zorro? Man, if Marvel had attempted to make the Fantastic Four more modern I might have liked them.).
Post 51 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is it the rip-off part or something else? I ask as Batman is a shameless rip-off of Zorro. Hard to ignore that both are rich guys who fights crime at night. Both hide their crime fighting tools in the cave under their mansion. Both have a loyal servant. Oh, and Bruce was watching what movie with his parents the night they were killed?

(Bats is a modern update of Zorro? Man, if Marvel had attempted to make the Fantastic Four more modern I might have liked them.).

Bats is also a rip-off of the Shadow.

Also, Marvel and DC rip each other off all of the time. Alot of great characters are "rip offs".
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bats is also a rip-off of the Shadow.

Also, Marvel and DC rip each other off all of the time. Alot of great characters are "rip offs".

Your point reinforces and restates what I was attempting to point out.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

That was my intent.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

That was my intent.

So, our intent was intended to reinforce the intended points that both of us intended to make!
Post 55 IP   flag post
603979 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?