Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS GradedMemorabiliaSignatures

May the 4th! Post your Star Wars books!2763

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So it's the unofficial Star Wars day, May the 4th. To celebrate, let loose with your favorite Star Wars books from your collection; slabbed, signed, rare, or just personally significant, let's see 'em!

I've been working on thesefor a while. I've gotten all the signatures myself (except the pre-signed ones) at various conventions, mostly Star Wars Celebration and SDCC. It's the limited hardcover editions of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire far includes creative team; Russell, Flemming, Plunkett, and Wagner

On this Artist Proof copy I have gotten Dave Prowse, the actor who played Vader in the original trilogy, and Chris Moeller, who did the dust jacket art for this edition.

The other copy is one of my treasures. So far it's signed by Chris Moeller and Dave Prowse, as well as Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Ian McDiarmid, and Billy Dee Williams. If I could get Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones, I'd consider it complete

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I also have this sweet star wars pop up book i should take photos of later today
Post 3 IP   flag post
So I didn't keep this long because it arrived with the spine broken and would've been prohibitively expensive to get fixed. I present to you, the gloriously oversized Star Wars Blueprints book!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user

Not a book....but a set of Kylo Ren figures.....just sharing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
May the Fourth be with you all!!

Star Wars books and some of my Star Wars Pop! figures!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
So it's the unofficial Star Wars day, May the 4th. To celebrate, let loose with your favorite Star Wars books from your collection; slabbed, signed, rare, or just personally significant, let's see 'em!

I've been working on thesefor a while. I've gotten all the signatures myself (except the pre-signed ones) at various conventions, mostly Star Wars Celebration and SDCC. It's the limited hardcover editions of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire far includes creative team; Russell, Flemming, Plunkett, and Wagner

On this Artist Proof copy I have gotten Dave Prowse, the actor who played Vader in the original trilogy, and Chris Moeller, who did the dust jacket art for this edition.

The other copy is one of my treasures. So far it's signed by Chris Moeller and Dave Prowse, as well as Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Ian McDiarmid, and Billy Dee Williams. If I could get Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones, I'd consider it complete

Wow! As a huge SOTE fan those books are STUNNING!! Still holding out hope for a live action or animated movie.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham Thanks! I love SotE as well. I've got the keychain holding my keys together, the soundtrack on my ohone (The Destruction of Xizor's Palace is right up there with Duel of the Fates for me), the game, the book, the sequel comic (see below), the complete trading card set (with the chase rares signed by Greg Hildebrandt), and more I'm surely forgetting

And I got this from a fellow board member(THANK YOU @Watcher !) signed by both Greg and the late Tim Hildebrandt

Post 8 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham Also, I love those black cover Darth Vaders. They're just dying for a silver sharpie, white colored pencil or chalk sketch
Post 9 IP   flag post

Getting graded now
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my Star Wars Sketch Covers

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Waddly private msg quote post Address this user

No dupes by grader, all 9.8's
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Waddly DAMN!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
*in his best Italian mobster voice*

That is a lot of SW books you got there "Waddly"...You done good.
Post 14 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic, but something to keep in mind.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user

I took my mom to lunch today. Look at the total on the bill.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Just a few books in my collection...

Post 18 IP   flag post
@Zombiebigfoot Awesome! i love that last Star Wars #1 cover!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks! That's one of my favorites as well. Definitely would like to have this ish graded!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KiloGraham Also, I love those black cover Darth Vaders. They're just dying for a silver sharpie, white colored pencil or chalk sketch

Chalk or pastel were my first thoughts, thinking about getting storm trooper, snow trooper and scout trooper helmets done.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KiloGraham Thanks! I love SotE as well. I've got the keychain holding my keys together, the soundtrack on my ohone (The Destruction of Xizor's Palace is right up there with Duel of the Fates for me), the game, the book, the sequel comic (see below), the complete trading card set (with the chase rares signed by Greg Hildebrandt), and more I'm surely forgetting

And I got this from a fellow board member(THANK YOU @Watcher !) signed by both Greg and the late Tim Hildebrandt

I love the Black Sun symbol. It's one of the more obscure organizations that only true cannon fans recognize.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post
My only Star Wars graded book

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
While I have many favorite Star Wars comic books, I think the treasure in my collection is Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) who signed this Action Figure Variant by John Tyler Christopher. I wanted Carrie Fisher to sign the Princess Leia Action Figure Variant in October but someone who shall remain nameless dropped the ball on me. No biggie, that's the way the ball bounces in life sometimes.
This comic will be a gift to my nephew who is a senior in high school and has his room covered in Chewbacca items.

BTW. He can make the Chewbacca Roar perfectly.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
BTW. He can make the Chewbacca Roar perfectly.

lol! I hear that if you do it on a full moon, the woman that's drawn to it is your soulmate!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not comic related really, but when I lived in LA we would go to the Rose Parade and football game at the Rose Bowl and one year they had two Star Wars floats and a bunch of other Star Wars performers and what not.

Before the parade started this golf cart surrounded by people started coming down the road, as it got closer all you could see was the beard....

At which point I yelled "George, have my baby!"
Post 28 IP   flag post
Some pictures from the Celebration convention a couple of years ago:

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic. Just the words "Star Wars" written on a Post-it note.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597876 65 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?