Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

CBCS ASP Fee Question2755

Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
If I am paying Josh Avery, or any other authorized witness, to witness my books at a Con, do I still need to pay CBCS $5/Tier per book? or just Tier?

Also side question still related to ASP.
A) Would you recommend I have the books signed, then pressed, then graded?
or
B) Would you have them pressed, then signed, then graded?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just to clear up your terminology a bit: VSP, or Verified Signature Program are books that were signed without an authorized witness present and those books get a Red Label (think books you had signed as a kid and you want the signature verified and reflected on the label). ASP, or Authentic Signature Program books are books that had an Authorized Witness present at their signing and they get a Yellow Label.

Now, on to your questions.

Yes, you must still pay the $5/book fee for witnessed books. It's not meant as a fee to pay the witness.

I would personally recommend having the books pressed after signing. If you press the book first there's still the chance it could get bumped in transit or during the signing, etc. Just make sure that the person who's pressing is authorized to transfer the books to CBCS and still maintain the Yellow label. If you're going with Avery I thi k you're fine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Just to clear up your terminology a bit: VSP, or Verified Signature Program are books that were signed without an authorized witness present and those books get a Red Label (think books you had signed as a kid and you want the signature verified and reflected on the label). ASP, or Authentic Signature Program books are books that had an Authorized Witness present at their signing and they get a Yellow Label.

Now, on to your questions.

Yes, you must still pay the $5/book fee for witnessed books. It's not meant as a fee to pay the witness.

I would personally recommend having the books pressed after signing. If you press the book first there's still the chance it could get bumped in transit or during the signing, etc. Just make sure that the person who's pressing is authorized to transfer the books to CBCS and still maintain the Yellow label. If you're going with Avery I thi k you're fine.

Fixed that....I clearly botched that haha.

Thank you. I already calculated paying the $5/Tier per book so at least its not a surprise cost.

Josh is fully authorized to work on Yellow Label CBCS books and I've heard literally nothing but great things about him so I hope I have the same results. His customer service is outstanding and his gallery is impressive to say the least.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You can ask a mod to fix the title. Everyone gets a mulligan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DarthLego
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
You can ask a mod to fix the title. Everyone gets a mulligan.

I was able to do it myself. Looks like the forum give you 24 hours to edit.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DarthLego

That looked like some early family guy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I've seen that episode lol.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Asking another question, do you have to pay the witness as well? Or does CBCS supply the witness? My understanding (please correct if i'm wrong) was that I would just stop by the CBCS booth to pick up a witness?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@bennyb86 If you request a witness from the CBCS booth you will not have to pay the witness.
Post 10 IP   flag post
There are approved witnesses who do it as a business and will charge. It all depends on the situation and who's available.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@bennyb86 If you request a witness from the CBCS booth you will not have to pay the witness.
Perfect, thank you! That was the way it was explained to me by customer service as well but got a bit confused for a second.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600776 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?