@Lunarshade @Mio

Why the U.K. edition? Is it just rarer?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Lunarshade @Mio

About 15-20 times rarer. Also something interesting about how it was early days of exporting pop culture. I also get a laugh out of the arguments against them, dismissing them as unworthy foreign edition.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarshade
My grail would be a Journey into Mystery 85 UK edition. I have some good stuff so if I don't get it I wont complain.

I have a nice 7.5 - if I decide to sell it,I will keep you in mind.

Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Oxbladder I haven't seen one either. Not even lower grade. However, I've only been actively looking for it for a few years. I'll settle for a mid grade copy as a space holder if/when I get the opportunity. I see early issues from time to time, but not #1.

I'm confused. Are you talking about #1 or #3? MartyMann was talking about #3.

There are a few #1's around. I have an CGC 8.0 #1. A Gerber 6.

I too would love a #3 and have never seen one. I didn't know until this thread that #3 is black and white.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes you look for the grail and sometimes the grail finds you.

I just picked this up in an auction minutes ago.

Easily the most I have ever spent on one book but boy was it worth it.

Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
love that cover ooo la la
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Nice pick-up. Wonder where her bra straps went though?
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Always wondered how come the bra in the mirror is there, but is not there on her back.

(oops, I see someone already mentioned that)
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Lunarshade @Mio

I just like the lower print numbers and the challenge of finding foreign books.
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Always wondered how come the bra in the mirror is there, but is not there on her back.

(oops, I see someone already mentioned that)

Also the green shirt is missing in the mirror, and her arm is magically coming out of the mirror.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Great book! The "problem" with the mirror is that the Blue Beetle title cuts off the mirror. The area in front of/around the reflection of her left arm should have been colored white, not yellow. So I think the artist and colorist weren't on the same page. Add in the missing straps, and maybe the mirror was added at the last minute?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that Blue Beetle book is amazing...love it
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Great book! The "problem" with the mirror is that the Blue Beetle title cuts off the mirror. The area in front of/around the reflection of her left arm should have been colored white, not yellow. So I think the artist and colorist weren't on the same page. Add in the missing straps, and maybe the mirror was added at the last minute?

I think those problems make a good thing even better.

Just a cool cover all the way around.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
My ultimate grail is a copy of Showcase #22 first appearance of Silver Age Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). One of these days you'll be mine you dirty dirty girl!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-Man #3. One of the first comic books I've owned and my favourite. As said by many before me and many to come, wish I had saved those old comic books. Definitely within reach, but El Cheapo here may end up with one of the reprint editions.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Mine is this. I've never owned a copy but have been a Legion fan since my early days of collecting. Superboy #197 was where I started.

I'll pull the trigger one of these days.

I have had a single copy of that book.

Paid $20 for a straight up Fair copy, at a flear market.Before CGC and CBCS came around.20 or 21 years ago.

I sold it off my wall, at a lousy con in Bordentown NJ, Richie Muchin/ Tomorrow's Treasures for $200, which is what I had it stickered at.

My guess is that he restored it to an apparent VG and doubled or tripled his $200 investment.

Hats off to Richie, he was straight up and told me what he planned to do with the book.I've akways liked Richie, anyone who slams him on the CGC Forums (or one here), can suck it.....woth all due respect 🤔☺.

That was the only book he bought from me, at that show.

FWIW, I also bought a stack of 40 or so Atomic age DC's off that flea market dealer...most of which were around GD to GD/VG.

I remember a lot of the books were Wonder Woman's and Superman, Action & Adventure.Odds are one of them was a Wonder Woman #98...which I probably sold for $10 or $20, tops.Same goes for the 1st SA App of Green Arrow.Obviously, I regret selling those books.Not the Adventure 247, though.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
The thing with Threads like this is i think sometimes folks are reluctant to post for fear of being 'punish bid' when said grail surfaces
One i won't say as it comes up for auction this week on Comic Connect (wish me luck), but two that have eluded me for a while are Speed Comics #22 and Four Favorites #6

Yup, mums the word on my Holy Grail...as well as every other single book that I am searching for.😂😂😂
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user

I've never seen one in person and the last time I saw one on ebay I couldn't afford it. Now that I can afford it, I can't find one
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to find a decent copy of Detective 241...just really like the cover and idea of crazy colored caped crusader...

Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaw97
I'd love to find a decent copy of Detective 241...just really like the cover and idea of crazy colored caped crusader...

Reminds me of this movie:

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Thwipped private msg quote post Address this user

I was blessed enough to hold it this last Dallas FanExpo.
Post 46 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Of all the good books I have, I'd have to say my grail is Captain Britain 8. Well, I didn't pay much for it and it came back a 9.8. Plus it is the only one signed by Herb Trimpe in the 9.8.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwipped

Man, you usually don't find those in a dollar box.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Jejeje Watch this bidiyo..

https://www.facebook.com/izofice/videos/vb.523272005/10153863563062006/?type=3&theater
Post 49 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So how many are gonna have their grails buried with them to help revive the ailing grave robbing job market?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Alex Schomburg: gouache painting of Marvel Mystery #66 (last war cover)

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Thwipped private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

Is that your store? If not, where and how did you get your hands on all those gems?

Jejeje Watch this bidiyo..

https://www.facebook.com/izofice/videos/vb.523272005/10153863563062006/?type=3&theater
Post 52 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaw97

I know it's a remainder copy but this DETECTIVE #165 from
November 1950 contains the story "The Strange Costumes of
Batman" which displays a whole array of BATMAN costumes.

mm
Post 53 IP   flag post
600440 53 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?